General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nice, but...

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 09:03 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,350 Likes on 1,520 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
just for ***** and grins, i looked up the kbb retail value on that bike.... $5,625.00

now i know kbb assumes that the bike has been used for this time so it isn't really accurate, but i was just curious. think the guy would take $10,000
Nice try...but that price is for the standard FLH. The Bi-centennial editions MoCo used a different paint, the Disco-duck decals and badges indicating the celebration, Never was able to establish how many of each Sportster, FX, and FLH models were made, some indicate less than 100 each, but I am still curious. Paint was called Black pearl and was HDs early attempt at customization. That with the decals probably wasn't the greatest but for the time it was a decent start.

At auction the range is 12.5 to 17.2. Obviously this guy's momma was smoking crack and he is suffering accordingly. Non-existent miles and original documentation add to the value of course.

Biggest issue would be that if you intended to ride it you can be certain everything would have to be torn down first. Wonder if the cylinders even turn over.

Too bad to see a piece of history rotting away so that someone can say look at the low miles. Makes it about worth the value of a door stop. Owning old iron I truly appreciate what is behind them, but I could never get into trailer queens and museum pieces. Folks that get my respect are the ones currently doing the Cannonball run from east to west on pre-15 motorcycles. That to me is how you keep the tradition alive. Not by letting something sit

My 76 before I sold it last year...

Old 09-16-2010, 09:11 PM
85RoadsterXLS
Road Master
Received 53 Likes on 29 Posts

Looks a lot cleaner than the pics of the 100 grand one. Hard to believe it would be that dirty sitting in a living room.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:58 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,377 Likes on 2,547 Posts

Originally Posted by panz4ever
Nice try...but that price is for the standard FLH. The Bi-centennial editions MoCo used a different paint, the Disco-duck decals and badges indicating the celebration, Never was able to establish how many of each Sportster, FX, and FLH models were made, some indicate less than 100 each, but I am still curious.
well, that was the only flh that kbb had listed for 1976.....

Old 09-16-2010, 10:05 PM
noname
Club Member
Received 989 Likes on 541 Posts

$17.00 how's that? Noname

Old 09-16-2010, 10:21 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by noname
$17.00 how's that? Noname
noname, when I was selling the FLH some guy "offered" to take it off my hands for $3500. Had him give me his contact number and dropped a dime on him. If this were my bike I would tell you what I told him, "How about you kiss my black cat's a$$."

Skratch, understand ...unfortunately places like that do not take into account anything like factory mods

Old 09-16-2010, 10:37 PM
Motorbones
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sooooo... how much would you pay for a Japanese Harley (I don't know about now, but then AMF was Japanese owned.. Haroshito Davishima... Hai!!!)... It disturbs something deep inside to think about. Good thing Harley Davidson back where it belongs...

SAE=Superior American Equipment.....

Last edited by Motorbones; 09-16-2010 at 10:42 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:00 PM
chopperglide
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

buck a wack???? geez that thang has points!! the parts guy at my stealer don't even know what points are. how am i gonna fix that thing?

Old 09-16-2010, 11:06 PM
panz4ever
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Motorbones
Sooooo... how much would you pay for a Japanese Harley (I don't know about now, but then AMF was Japanese owned.. Haroshito Davishima... Hai!!!)... It disturbs something deep inside to think about. Good thing Harley Davidson back where it belongs...

SAE=Superior American Equipment.....
You pay what you believe it is worth and the seller operates under the same guidelines on his side of the fence.

You obviously have no concept of the history of MoCo. Yes I am glad that HD (for now) is still an American owned company but please do not try and tell me that MoCo today is an all American machine (nor were the AMF years).

In addition to 3 pans I finally added a modern machine in May of this year (06 TC88 Heritage Springer). Great bike and a great ride. Took a 4K trip to Texas (from Kali) and did not beat me up like the pans on long trips. But I also realize that this comfort was not all the result of American products and technology

So unless you are a survivor of the Jim Jones-drink-the-kool-aid-self-sacrifice, you are definitely drinking a whole new cup of the bull$**** hype. And if it disturbs you that much "deep inside" maybe you need to change your meds.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:20 PM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

7 miles my foot look at the brake rotors and try again...

Old 09-16-2010, 11:39 PM
CroK
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fxdx-fly-by
7 miles my foot look at the brake rotors and try again...
That's what I was lookin at also...

That one mile wheelin around at the dealer's? Parkin lot musta been made of red clay, in the rain, holdin the brake the whole time...

Quick Reply: Nice, but...