General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Your Own Ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2010 | 01:19 AM
mickymoto
Tourer

part of the reason I don't get into riding with anyone else...I'd imagine getting side tracked by some fool/hero

Old 09-17-2010 | 05:57 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

since there is no further comment on why you thought it was a good idea to just wake your wife up and put her back on the bike.... to others, if you find yourself in a similar situation, at least act like you care about the unconscious rider and either call for an ambulance or take them to a doctor (preferably in a car, definitely don't let them ride there) to get them checked out

Old 09-17-2010 | 07:02 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member

Sometimes we all deal with people like this.Mother and I stopped these runs because of the crowds and traffic jams.For me it was having to idle my motors too long in heat.Both my bikes have serious big inch twins and preserving them at all costs is my focus.We still go on runs but now know what to expect and always let the group know any traffic jams we are out of there.

Old 09-17-2010 | 07:41 AM
Faast Ed
Banned

Originally Posted by VsTheWorld
since there is no further comment on why you thought it was a good idea to just wake your wife up and put her back on the bike.... to others, if you find yourself in a similar situation, at least act like you care about the unconscious rider and either call for an ambulance or take them to a doctor (preferably in a car, definitely don't let them ride there) to get them checked out
She responded to being slapped awake. Surely she was fit for riding. He he!
Just being sarcastic.

I honestly believe he would have called for an ambulance if she wasn't up and walkin' around after her brief nap.

Hard to cast judgement when not at the scene.

Old 09-17-2010 | 01:29 PM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

Originally Posted by Faast Ed
.......I honestly believe he would have called for an ambulance if she wasn't up and walkin' around after her brief nap.

Hard to cast judgement when not at the scene.

it's not that hard, i've seen the results of "minor" head injuries that show up at the trauma center hours later when it's too late to treat them...

search "Natasha Richardson" for a fairly recent, high profile example of what could've been a survivable injury turning fatal.

Old 09-17-2010 | 01:41 PM
GrimmRider
Road Captain

Glad the little lady is okay, hopefully she can see pass these two idiots and still enjoy riding.

Best of luck.

Old 09-17-2010 | 03:46 PM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member

Lone wolf is the only way for me. Got tired of riding in clubs quite awhile ago. Glad ur wife is ok, I would have thrown a beating on those two guys.

Old 09-17-2010 | 11:26 PM
BeeRAD56
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by VsTheWorld
You make some pompous assumptions Mr. Elite HDF member.

We were in a remote canyon with no cell service and it took the ambulance and state patrol an hour to arrive after a friend rode to a point of service. She awaken from the ordeal on her own (no slapping, just being colorful) long before and was pissed that we had to wait around so as not to be accused of leaving the scene. She chose to refuse ambulance service against my advice and she chose to ride it home also against my advice. She truely has an incredible spirit and that's why I married her.

Old 09-18-2010 | 01:45 AM
artz
Road Master

Glads she's ok. Still have time to correct ******* #1.

Old 09-18-2010 | 01:54 AM
Poolie
Cruiser

Bad episode mate but glad it didn't turn out any worse than it did. I now avoid group riding full stop. When I did the group always seems to be either too fast or too slow and I never relaxed. When the OH and I are meeting friends we do just that - ride alone and meet them there. I also try and leave first or after the bunch has moved on.

Quick Reply: Ride Your Own Ride