General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ride Your Own Ride

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010 | 10:48 AM
pretz
Outstanding HDF Member

I hope you informed your buddy. And glad your wife is ok and still wants to ride.

Old 09-16-2010 | 10:52 AM
GeorgiaGirl
Madame Moderator

So sorry about your wife's incident and just glad she and the bike are hurt no worse. We've done just a couple of charity rides and there's been an incident in each so we just usually say no thank you. We'll ride with people we know and trust in a group situation, but otherwise, no.

Old 09-16-2010 | 08:50 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member

Hope the boss heals quickly. What bothers me is the intersection blocking thing. Here in SC if the LEOs catch you doing it, they will ticket you for impeding traffic or something like that. Besides it's dangerous for the blockers too. Like you I don't usually ride with folks I don't know. If I don't feel confortable with members of the group when I do happen to group ride, I get out of the group and go my way.

On the other hand it is an excellent time to do some upgrading/customizing on the boss' bike

Good luck

Old 09-16-2010 | 09:00 PM
ROMPUS
Road Master

hope things get back to normal for yall soon,hope your wife didn't get to sore,sounds like she is a tough gal.

Old 09-16-2010 | 10:29 PM
BeeRAD56
|
Road Warrior
Default Thanks

Thanks to all for the supportive posts! I did this thread to share an experience that we both learned from. And most importantly have the opportunity to learn from and ride again. Maybe it will help someone else that gets caught in that situation.

I made several mistakes that day. My intuition told me something was wrong from the beginning and I should have listened. When the rider that ultimately caused the accident, split us up, I should have taken control. Some think I should have chased him down and back in the day I would have. However, back in the day includes an assault charge and a second would not have gone well. Hell, maybe I did do something right that day?

In the end, all's well that ends well. The boss is on the mend and the bike will be back to rights soon.

Have fun, stay safe, and "ride your own ride"

Old 09-16-2010 | 11:25 PM
BikerV
Road Warrior

Glad your wife is Ok. I'm also done with the parade charity rides. I'll only do the poker runs where I get handed a map and get to ride alone. I still enjoy them.

Old 09-16-2010 | 11:31 PM
fxdx-fly-by
Road Master

glad she is ok... did you give the guys a freakin ear full?

Old 09-16-2010 | 11:46 PM
nigelgeast
Road Captain

Glad you wife is ok. Had a similar experience once when we were on a pack ride. I did exactly what you said you should have done, pulled over to the side and let the ride go, met up with them at the stop point and said that was me out. just the two of us rode home and ended with a great ride and no incident.

Old 09-17-2010 | 12:28 AM
BeeRAD56
|
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by fxdx-fly-by
glad she is ok... did you give the guys a freakin ear full?
No, elected not to provide an ear full. My version of "ear full" would have included a fist that starts from my hip with 225 lbs. swinging through said ear. Having served time for that sort of behavior in my younger days I chose to let it go and be grateful that my wife was ok. Plus it would be tough to fix her bike from a jail cell. Granted something should have been said so they don't do it to someone else and I have meeting with the ride organizer next week to share some warm and fuzzy thoughts about what happened.

Old 09-17-2010 | 12:47 AM
jackstrr
Road Warrior

ride with your wife and meet the others at point B. lots of things of wonderful things are missed runnin in a pack. stop and enjoy the sites and each other. gods speed

Quick Reply: Ride Your Own Ride