General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why are Horn and Light switches not illuminated???

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 10:28 AM
uktzero
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Why are Horn and Light switches not illuminated???

ORIGINAL: x2lee

yeah if we sand of the writing we might have to remember5 things instead of where our thumbs are. lets see 5 digits per hand... 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Icould sand down 10 things and still remember! No, seriously, if someone wants lighted gauges for blingbling, more power to them.
If they want them to find the gauges they need to look up the word "rote".

[sm=wakeup.gif]backatcha

Rote ... good scrabble word, I'm impressed

I agree with what you're saying, that was kind of my point all along ... People were burning the hell out of this subject because they assumed that anyone could only want the lit switches because they don't know where the buttons are, and that there couldn’t be any other reason for it

And I completely agree, if you don't know where the turn signals and horn etc. are, you shouldn't be on the road with a bike until you have it down by memory – But that’s NOT why I would want them

I would want them because it would be a nice touch to the bikes just like the trip odometer or tachometer ...And lighted grip switches look good on the bikes that I've seen with them just like the power window and windshield wiper switches being backlit look good in a car

My point was that having or wanting backlit grip switches doesn't mean that the rider is inexperienced or that they only wanted them so they could properly operate the switches ... People were flaming this all over the place without reading the post through … The original poster asked an honest question, and got plowed for it without warrant

Wanting a backlight for the switches would be a nice thing to have, especially considering the prices of these bikes – They aren't something that's necessary to operate the bike ... That's just ridiculous, who’s actually going to look down at their grip to read what the switch says?? – and if they are going to have to do that, they are going to do it during the daytime whether the switches are lit or not - that's when the theory of natural selection takes over and removes them from the gene pool … Some people should have taken the time to think a little and read more of the thread before posting some of the drivel that ended up in here … open mouth, remove foot