General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

FSD Exhausts - WARNING (sorry long post)

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 05:26 PM
MikeyG
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FSD Exhausts - WARNING (sorry long post)

Just a warning to all you good folks out there who work hard for their money. I ordered a set of Hot Rod pipes from Frankie Serrano Designs in FL back in MARCH, paid and was promised 5-6 week delivery. Still don't have them! First they kept saying the ceramic coating was giving them problems and had to be redone numerous times. (I thought it couldn't be "redone" as it is baked on at high temp) Then, when I finally got them in JUNE, they did not fit the bike. As in I couldn't get them mounted. I sent pics (one is my profile pic here) and called. They said they did not know my 2005 Super Glide was a Dyna!! They said they had a similar set almost done, could be finished and shipped in a week. That was three weeks ago!! Avoid this company like the plague!! Their customer service is the worst and now they won't even return my calls or answer the phone. If anyone is thinking of buying from this company, my advice would be DON'T! You'd be better off going to Home Depot and buying sink traps and hose clamps and making your own.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:42 PM
SAMCRO-MN
Intermediate

Originally Posted by MikeyG
As in I couldn't get them mounted. I sent pics (one is my profile pic here) and called. They said they did not know my 2005 Super Glide was a Dyna!!
What did they think it was? Sportster?

Old 09-17-2010, 08:28 PM
MikeyG
Stage IV

I don't have any idea what they thought. It's really not hard to look up if you're not sure. And I called them often enough where they could have asked. I guess I figured a custom exhaust maker would be able to figure out what bike he was building stuff for.

Old 09-18-2010, 05:24 AM
silverwolf79
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Found this on his website , maybe this was the problem ,,

http://fsdexhausts.com/index.php?page=warning

Old 09-20-2010, 07:12 AM
MikeyG
Stage IV

I can't imagine another company being this bad. Still calling them but no response. I think I'll just build my own set of pipes myself.

Old 09-20-2010, 09:05 AM
bparsel
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

FSD has a great name in the industry and is known for GREAT workmanship. I think it's funny that everytime somebody has an issue with a company they have to jump on a forum of what 100,000 plus people and blast the company.

This is one dude that has built his company from starting out living in his garage and working around the clock. Go to J&P and order some stupid bullshit exhaust. Dont use your first post on here to come on and blast someone that is established in the industry.

Sorry, but I'm sick of the small shop guys getting hammered on this forum.

Last edited by IzzoQuazzo; 11-02-2014 at 12:59 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 11:32 AM
AThousandHurricanes
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Um, if what the op said was true about the lack of communication, Frankie Serrano deserves all of the bad publicity he can get. We are all sick of vendors screwing us and they start screaming how we should be proud to be screwed by the little guy. Small time vendors should provide BETTER customer service, not worse. We have seen this all before.

Old 09-20-2010, 12:31 PM
Coastal_Moto_Man
Former Sponsor
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I don't think it matters whether it is a large or small company, not calling someone back because of a problem is guaranteed to get you some bad publicity.

I don't know this company so I would never run them down because things do happen at times. Nothing is 100% in manufacturing so problems will arise from time to time.

However, I have found out over the years that a quick phone call keeping the customer informed can save a lot of headaches.

Good luck to the OP, I hope you get things worked out.

Old 09-20-2010, 01:12 PM
Mike Horrell
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you purchase ANYTHING using a credit card and you get screwed over, call the card
company and request a refund. Be prepared to fully document the nature of the problem,
what YOU have done to resolve it, what they have NOT done, etc.

You'd be surprised how often legitimate beefs get resolved in the purchasers favor.

WTF, it's worth a shot, isn't it?

Old 12-29-2012, 03:22 PM
NHYank
4th Gear

What kind of idiot are you; these people are one of the worst in the industry. I dont know if it is a lack of personnel, organization or whatever, but stealing peoples hard earned money is not right. It doesnt matter if you are a small guy or a large organization.

Quick Reply: FSD Exhausts - WARNING (sorry long post)