General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A buddy needs some help

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 07:03 PM
scott63
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe his mommy can have a talk with his wife.

Old 09-15-2010, 07:53 PM
yljkt
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, look at it in the grand scheme of things. Between shoes, clothes, tupperware, candles, bubble-bath, make-up, womens magazines, kitchen gadgets, wine, the work done on her vehicle because she can't, jewelry, seasonal decorations, calenders, pajamas, etc that harley is a cheap monthly payment. Pu$$y tax is expensive.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:05 PM
*Merlin*
Cruiser

Originally Posted by piasspj
There are two ways to approach arguing with a woman.

Neither one works.
I wish I said that!

Old 09-15-2010, 08:18 PM
Dog Father
Cruiser

My wife let me get a bike once her father started riding again after taking years off. If the father-in-law will ride, that could help!

Old 09-15-2010, 08:33 PM
albatross
Road Warrior
Received 296 Likes on 216 Posts

Like someone already pointed out, most (notice I say most, not all) women will bitch and carry on over something like this but will have more respect for you if you do what you want. It's a lot like being a parent, you can't always give 'em what they want, sometimes you gotta give 'em what they need.

Strange creatures indeed.

Old 09-15-2010, 08:42 PM
Foodog
Elite HDF Member
Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

Too many unknown things here. Is money a problem? Kids involved? Did her previous husband get killed on a bike? Is it a good relationship? Do they truly love each other? Is he a jerk or is she a bitch? They need to work this out on their own and I can't think of any argument he could use to justify a bike other than the fact it would make him happy.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:14 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i just went and bought one. kinda told my wife i was doing it and then just did it. she knows when to pick her battles and this wasn't one she was winning.

i know guys who have been "getting a bike" for over a decade but the wife always changes the goal posts about when he can get one. "you can get one when we pay off the credit cards", once that's done "once jenny is out of private school", "once we pay off the car", "let's take a family vacation to the bahamas" etc.... ten years later this guy is still picking out accessories for the bike he doesn't have. f*** that, frankly i don't how or why they put up with it.

Old 09-15-2010, 09:56 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always find another woman when I get told what to do by the current one. Life is too short for me to put up with some womans bs power play. No shortage of women yet. My reputation for not taking orders or crap from people is well known by friends, family, and acquaintances.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:04 PM
Motorbones
Road Master

It's really simple, but very difficult... All you have to do is find out what she wants out of it. You can ask her, ask her friends or make a wild, but potentually fatal guess, any way you slice it, the key is to find out what she wants and make it happen.

Me!!! I got very, very lucky, I told my wife the second car would be paid off in 4 months and asked if she knew what that meant. He response was, "that means we can get a Harley!!!" I wasn't in the mood to argue so I said..OK!!!

Old 09-15-2010, 10:08 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

My wife had been bugging me unsuccessfully for years to attend our kids school fund raising dinner auction. Finally, when my daughter was in 8th grade she told me we HAD to go because the 8th graders served the parents dinner. Ok so I dragged myself there unwillingly. Upon arrival I walked into the cafeteria and there sat a brand new 2005 vivid black Sportster.

Guess who won it?

Quick Reply: A buddy needs some help