General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

if you had only one rally you were allowed to go to

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2010, 06:36 AM
Stubby3492
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by brenn
I just don't find myself having a lot of "rally" motivation - I don't drink and crowds and cover bands are among my least favorite things. What else makes it worth going?
+10 on that

Old 09-16-2010, 06:45 AM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Nabubba
It all depends on what you like. For me I would say the SmokeOut as this would allow you to catch some of the best riding on the East coast. It is riders rally not a trailer queen show.
agreed. smokeout is the one. the rest are just middle-aged whites behaving poorly while emulating a trailer-park environment.

Old 09-16-2010, 08:51 AM
BlueNoser
Tourer

Originally Posted by Nabubba
It all depends on what you like. For me I would say the SmokeOut as this would allow you to catch some of the best riding on the East coast. It is riders rally not a trailer queen show.
Seems to me like RV's are welcome, straight from the Smokeout website

RV spots have two event wristbands included in the price of each spot (normally $ 70 gate price). Last year some RV campers were complaining that they already paid to get in with their RV and should not have to buy event passes (some of the RV spots are IN the event area). Anyway, they raised so much hell that the people who own the RV camping and run RV camping are just changing the way they do it this year. The prices look like a huge increase but it really isn't. Last year an RV spot with no electric was $ 75. This year it's $ 150 but includes two event tickets (worth $ 70 at the gate) so that is sort of like a $ 5 increase.

Remember two tent campers pay $ 40 each (without pre-registration) plus event tickets.
Each RV spot is for two people. Additional people staying in the camper will need to purchase camping and event wristbands.
This is the RV pricing:
Outside RV spaces with full hook up… $ 200
Inside RV Spaces with full hook up… $ 225
RV spot with 50 amp service… $ 250
RV with electric only… $ 150

Sorry Certaineed and nabubba once again foiled by those damm RUBS with the RVs

LOL

Last edited by BlueNoser; 09-16-2010 at 08:53 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:03 AM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by txfxstrider
OP must be on parole. Being allowed a full month away is a pretty big deal so quit busting his chops.

If you ride a Harley and can only go to one rally, it has to be Sturgis. Then haul *** all over the west for the other three weeks. Be careful not to violate parole and congrats on having a decent PO.
yeah that

Old 09-16-2010, 09:23 AM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BlueNoser
Seems to me like RV's are welcome, straight from the Smokeout website

RV spots have two event wristbands included in the price of each spot (normally $ 70 gate price). Last year some RV campers were complaining that they already paid to get in with their RV and should not have to buy event passes (some of the RV spots are IN the event area). Anyway, they raised so much hell that the people who own the RV camping and run RV camping are just changing the way they do it this year. The prices look like a huge increase but it really isn't. Last year an RV spot with no electric was $ 75. This year it's $ 150 but includes two event tickets (worth $ 70 at the gate) so that is sort of like a $ 5 increase.

Remember two tent campers pay $ 40 each (without pre-registration) plus event tickets.
Each RV spot is for two people. Additional people staying in the camper will need to purchase camping and event wristbands.
This is the RV pricing:
Outside RV spaces with full hook up… $ 200
Inside RV Spaces with full hook up… $ 225
RV spot with 50 amp service… $ 250
RV with electric only… $ 150

Sorry Certaineed and nabubba once again foiled by those damm RUBS with the RVs

LOL

why are you LOL'ing? riders go to this event. i think there were 3 RV's in the camp grounds. if you want to go next year do it but don't be surprised if you're surrounded by poor people who really love motorcycles and riding.

its a riders event. when in rome...

Old 09-16-2010, 10:54 AM
BlueNoser
Tourer

Originally Posted by Certainteed
why are you LOL'ing? riders go to this event. i think there were 3 RV's in the camp grounds. if you want to go next year do it but don't be surprised if you're surrounded by poor people who really love motorcycles and riding.

its a riders event. when in rome...
I just think it is hilarious that some people think you cannot own an RV and be a rider. Oh ya gotta be rich too.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:59 AM
TW
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

One rally?

The Boogie in Indiana.

Old 09-16-2010, 11:15 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That word permission gets lots of attention. The last person I asked permission from was my mother---bless her heart. If I had to choose just one rally to attend it would be Sturgis because of the fact that it is Sturgis. There are better rally's out there but Sturgis is Sturgis. We have a final rally coming up near where I live. My girlfriend my not be able to get off for the rally----my statement to her was---sucks to be you. Notice no permission asked or received.

Last edited by oldairboater; 09-16-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:17 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

BBB in Fayetteville Ar. Comming up Sept.29

Old 09-16-2010, 11:24 AM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by BlueNoser
I just think it is hilarious that some people think you cannot own an RV and be a rider. Oh ya gotta be rich too.
well if its so hilarious i suggest you laugh about it and stop being a dck.

another thing you wont find at smokeout is dcks.

i dont care how many toys you got. all i care about is if you rode your bike to the event and if you're interested in being part of the party. if our brand of fun doesn't appeal to you feel free to visit any one of the 9 billion bike rallies that aren't smokeout.

Quick Reply: if you had only one rally you were allowed to go to