General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is what makes us all look bad.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 09:50 PM
BikerV
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Every week or so when the "drunk riding" thread comes up there are post after post of people putting up the same responces, it's either "I would never drink and get on a bike" or "One beer is my limit if I'm riding". Wow, you people ought to walk around after the sun goes down in Daytona, Laconia or Sturgis. Those barmaids Can't pop those brewski's open fast enough. The bars are full 3 people deep waiting to buy beer AND LOTS OF IT. Looking at the clientele I don't think they drove up in Volvo's. Either there's a lot of lying going on here in HD forums or all those beer-girls are really just handing out bottled water and they just LOOK like beer bottles.

Old 09-15-2010, 10:11 PM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior
Received 951 Likes on 399 Posts

I quit drinkin' a long time ago, heroin is WAY better

Old 09-15-2010, 10:22 PM
brianmz1
Intermediate

I personally dont think it reflects badly on us as a group. You got folks making bad choices with alcohol and driving no matter 2, 3 or 4 wheels. I would not shed a tear if the driver checked out but will always feel badly about the innocent that loose.

Im with you! Keep posting. If anything it will server as a reminder how vulnerable you are on a bike, when you're sober.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:32 PM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

...yes, but were they wearing helmets?

Old 09-16-2010, 09:30 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,357 Likes on 2,536 Posts

Originally Posted by PineyRider
Every week or so when the "drunk riding" thread comes up there are post after post of people putting up the same responces, it's either "I would never drink and get on a bike" or "One beer is my limit if I'm riding". Wow, you people ought to walk around after the sun goes down in Daytona, Laconia or Sturgis. Those barmaids Can't pop those brewski's open fast enough. The bars are full 3 people deep waiting to buy beer AND LOTS OF IT. Looking at the clientele I don't think they drove up in Volvo's. Either there's a lot of lying going on here in HD forums or all those beer-girls are really just handing out bottled water and they just LOOK like beer bottles.
maybe those folks are not riding anymore that day????

Old 09-16-2010, 09:36 AM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by midnight2005
I failed to see where the guy was charged with dui. I even did not see where it said he was driving impaired. and I am SURE if he was dui it would have said he was arrested for dui. The fact that he quit drinking 45 minutes before riding does not say how much he had to drink. I am sorry but it is people like you that give us a bad rep. Before you spread more false rumors, think before you type.
strongly agree. moderation is the key. i get tired of these ****'s who forget that drinking and driving is legal. being hammered and driving is not.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:39 AM
MidnitEvil
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

This is what makes THAT rider look bad. The only thing that would make us ALL look bad would be if we ALL did something. Just like people who drive a car, truck or bus while impaired don't make all car, truck or bus drivers look bad.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:45 AM
WADELL
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by midnight2005
I failed to see where the guy was charged with dui. I even did not see where it said he was driving impaired. and I am SURE if he was dui it would have said he was arrested for dui. The fact that he quit drinking 45 minutes before riding does not say how much he had to drink. I am sorry but it is people like you that give us a bad rep. Before you spread more false rumors, think before you type.
READ THE STORY. He was cited for DWI. Blood was drawn for BAA. He admitted to having a couple of drinks of alcohol in less than an hour. What ever the results of the test is will determine if he is arrested or not. You believe what you want to but it is people like this idiot that gives alot of people a bad rep. Not spreading any rumors, just stating what's in the story. Learn to read the whole story before you type. JMO.

Old 09-16-2010, 09:56 AM
BikerV
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by skratch
maybe those folks are not riding anymore that day????
Well, The parking lots off main street (and main street itself) are jammed packed with bikes. After the bars close all the bikes are gone.

I just assume nobody wants to admit how much they DO drink when they ride. As I've said, in these posts it seems like everyone either claims they don't drink at all or have one beer.

In Laconia one night I saw what looked to be a person walking with a flashlight on the side of the road. As I got closer I realized it was a bike riding in the shoulder with the front end flopping side to side. The guy was doing about 10mph. I'm pulling up next to him and he just drops the bike right in the middle of the road. He's so hammered he can't even stand up, let alone ride a bike. And his girl is on the back. The cops pulled up about the same time I got there so I left. I'm sure that cost him some fines and surcharges. At least he's alive though.

Old 09-16-2010, 10:12 AM
WADELL
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Maybe I should have said this is what happens sometimes when you drink and drive/ride. Sorry if it ruffled some of the feathers of people on this forum. I have had to pick up too many people that this has happened to. Doesn't get any easier.

Quick Reply: This is what makes us all look bad.