General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is what makes us all look bad.

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2010, 01:29 PM
32vld
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If one has to get a buzz on while riding a bike one should stop riding because it is apparent that riding is not enough fun for them sober.

Old 09-15-2010, 01:49 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

A new twist on a biker killed thread...

Old 09-15-2010, 01:55 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

This doesn't make us all look bad............that is total stereotype horsecrap. It makes people who drink and drive look bad. Lets not forget that riders get hit by drunks as well.

Drunks make Drunks look bad.

BTW, I don't drink anymore but if I did I would NEVER ride a motorcycle while impaired.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:08 PM
WADELL
Cruiser

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
This doesn't make us all look bad............that is total stereotype horsecrap. It makes people who drink and drive look bad. Lets not forget that riders get hit by drunks as well.

Drunks make Drunks look bad.

BTW, I don't drink anymore but if I did I would NEVER ride a motorcycle while impaired.
This is what I am talking about. People read stories like this that don't ride and even some that do sterotype most of the people that do ride. Thats the point behind this. How many of you on here have been asked what gang or club you ride with? To me there is nothing wrong with belonging to either if thats what you want to do, thats your choice. But alot of people believe if you ride you are in a club or gang, sterotyping.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:20 PM
leanhog
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't think a local news event has true influence over what people think. Although repeated viewing of a show or commercial will. It's ironic the OP has a military medic wagon as an avatar. While growing up & watching hundreds of episodes of the tv show MASH, I got the message from trauma surgeons Hawkeye & Trapper that drinking was very cool.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Russ Brown Motorcycle Attorney
Former Sponsor

It pisses me off when I get calls from bikers injured due to cagers not paying attention. It's very sad when I get the calls from those bikers that caused their own motorcycle crash. I just shake my head. Sad, sad, sad.

Old 09-15-2010, 02:37 PM
DC-LoudSound
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Hollywood Ball
Doesn't reflect on me at all as I don't drink and drive/ride.

That said, choosing to drink and drive/ride is a poor choice. Also a poor choice: choosing to get in a car or on a bike with an impaired driver.
well said ... sad stuff ....

Old 09-15-2010, 02:43 PM
Nubz
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

this might sound off the wall but when I plan to go out and drink I don't have it in my mind to be careful and only have a few so it's always planned ahead of time to leave the car or bike someplace or plan to crash at a friends for the night

Lyons was cited for driving while impaired
should be murder as far as I am concerned when someone dies from another idiot drinking and driving

also no disrepsect meant to the women that got killed but what was she thinking if the guy was drunk when she got on the bike

Old 09-15-2010, 02:57 PM
WADELL
Cruiser

Originally Posted by leanhog
I don't think a local news event has true influence over what people think. Although repeated viewing of a show or commercial will. It's ironic the OP has a military medic wagon as an avatar. While growing up & watching hundreds of episodes of the tv show MASH, I got the message from trauma surgeons Hawkeye & Trapper that drinking was very cool.
Just the line of work I am in.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:22 PM
Weevil
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by WADELL
This is what I am talking about. People read stories like this that don't ride and even some that do sterotype most of the people that do ride.
If that were the case, everyone that gets busted for DUI while behind the wheel of a car would stereotype everyone that drives a car.

Originally Posted by WADELL
Thats the point behind this. How many of you on here have been asked what gang or club you ride with? To me there is nothing wrong with belonging to either if thats what you want to do, thats your choice. But alot of people believe if you ride you are in a club or gang, sterotyping.
Rarely, if ever, have I ever been asked what club or "gang" I ride with. And I really don't think most people believe that everyone on a motorcycle belongs to a club or "gang".

Yeah, it sucks that the guy f'ed up, straddled his bike buzzed and got his passenger killed. But I hardly think, due to this incident, that everyone automatically figures that every biker they see is 3 sheets to the wind. And I'll admit it, on poker runs, I'll partake in a beer or 2 along the route, as most do. Hell, if I stop for lunch, I might even have a beer with it. I'm 53, spent 22 years defending this country, raised two children, and no one is going to preach to me that I can't drink a beer when I want one.

The key is drinking responsibly.

Last edited by Weevil; 09-15-2010 at 04:33 PM.

Quick Reply: This is what makes us all look bad.