General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Trouble Free 07-present ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010, 12:16 PM
08Fatty
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

21,000 on mine. The only problem, besides not enough time to ride, is I keep having to replace the back tire. On my 4th one.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:20 PM
GeezerDude
Cruiser

I had this problem where the treads were too low on my tires so I couldn't ride until I got them replaced. I had to save up for the tires. Affordable tires is a problem. I doubt I would have had this problem had I been driving a BMW. I hear they don't even need new tires. You can just ride those things on the rims while you're saving up for the tires. BMW are good like that.

Seriously is this like a trolling exercise? What do you define as high mileage? If you've "heard" of problems what kind of problems did you hear of? What is your expectation? Do you think you are going to drive 100k miles in 3 years and not have any problems at all? Even with the same make/model car it varies from one owner to the next, because everyone drives differently.

Old 09-12-2010, 12:59 PM
SteveFish
Advanced

23K notta

Old 09-12-2010, 01:27 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by GeezerDude
I had this problem where the treads were too low on my tires so I couldn't ride until I got them replaced. I had to save up for the tires. Affordable tires is a problem. I doubt I would have had this problem had I been driving a BMW. I hear they don't even need new tires. You can just ride those things on the rims while you're saving up for the tires. BMW are good like that.

Seriously is this like a trolling exercise? What do you define as high mileage? If you've "heard" of problems what kind of problems did you hear of? What is your expectation? Do you think you are going to drive 100k miles in 3 years and not have any problems at all? Even with the same make/model car it varies from one owner to the next, because everyone drives differently.

good point... what exaxtly does the OP expect ?

Old 09-12-2010, 01:29 PM
vwmark
Advanced

100 mile breakfast run this am. The sides of the road were littered with dead Harleys.
Happy mine made it home.
Seriously, they are machines and sometimes machines break.

Old 09-12-2010, 01:45 PM
poppa steve
Advanced

I have an 07 FXST with 10 thousand on it no problems. My secret is you use cooking oil Mazolla in the engine and primary and peanut oil in the trans. It works great and smells like french fries sometimes. LOL

Old 09-12-2010, 03:05 PM
JONNIEROCK
Road Master
Received 133 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by KBFXDLI
My Dad's next door neighbor's nephew has a friend who knows a guy who delivers coffee to a guy who lives next door to a guy whose brother in law has a niece who is dating a guy whose best friend works for Harley Davidson and told him they were having lots of problems with the Sportster Softails.
Had to laugh at some of the replies. I haven't any trouble with my 2009. It was just a Question that, I thought someone could shed some light on. But it seems some of you guys must have a wife or girl friend that runs your show, so by comming on here and talking tough, you can save your dignity. Just a reply with, my bike runs great with x amount of miles and no problems, or I've had some trouble, would of been just fine. I want to thank the people who gave me a sincere reply !

Jonnierock

Last edited by JONNIEROCK; 09-12-2010 at 03:14 PM.
Old 09-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Nellybelle
Road Warrior

2007 FLTCHU None serious just maintenance issues...

Old 09-12-2010, 04:32 PM
*NIGHT TRAIN*
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 08Fatty
21,000 on mine. The only problem, besides not enough time to ride, is I keep having to replace the back tire. On my 4th one.

Damn, they must pave the roads down your way with 40 grit sandpaper!

Just kidding, but that's a bunch of tires for only 21K...

I just put the 3rd Dunlop on the rear of my Train at about 28K (not quite to the wear bar on the 2nd), got about 4K on this one, and it still looks like new...

Old 09-12-2010, 05:02 PM
jag1886
Elite HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by JONNIEROCK
I've heard of some problems with the 07 to present models. Does anyone have an 2007 or later model, with high milage, that has had pretty much trouble free.
Thanks Jonnierock
You haven't been reading old posts here from a couple of years ago when all the whining puss bags where buying there first Harley but actually wanted a Honda??
I bought my 07 new off the show room floor and no problems so far.

Quick Reply: Trouble Free 07-present ?