General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need a backrest after yesterday

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2010 | 07:49 AM
Cabocarl
|
Tourer
Default Need a backrest after yesterday

After yesterdays 911 run and getting up this morning, I have decided I need a drivers back rest for my 05 Electra Glide Standard. I looked quickly at ebay and checked the Harley site. Does anyone have any info on a good one at a good price? Thanks.

Old 09-12-2010 | 08:15 AM
trippy57
Cruiser

You know HD also stands for hundred dollars, right? I've got the HD adjustable rider's backrest on my 08 Roady and love it!

Old 09-12-2010 | 08:37 AM
Doug45601
Road Master

Back rest never helped me... Poor riding posture will cause lower back pain.. Spinal compression and curved lower back will cause pain.. The back rest you can press your back up against but you'll have to adjust your riding style if you really want to get rid of back stress and pain!!

Old 09-12-2010 | 08:42 AM
wraplock
Road Captain

The adjustable rider backrest is by far the single best addition I have made to my King. I've got several herniated discs and spinal stenosis as well as arthritis in my back. I don't ride without it. Just bite the bullet and order the parts. Save some dough, order it from Chicago HD (20% off). I asked my local stealer for a discount and he laughed and told me they had bills to pay. Told them so did I and walked out and ordered it from Chicago. Funny thing... 2 years later, I'm still here but they've closed.

Old 09-12-2010 | 09:35 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Kidney belt is cheap and helps a lot.

Old 09-12-2010 | 11:27 AM
digger825
Cruiser

I only noticed that I was sitting too far back on the stock seat after I got the new seat with the backrest, didn't realize I was arching my back so much. The backrest forces me to sit upright and eliminated the back pain after the first two hour ride. The best money I've spent on the bike yet. Feels great to push back and stretch some during a ride.

Old 09-12-2010 | 11:34 AM
we_brown
Cruiser

I bought the HD backrest for my Ultra Classic. Really helps. I didn't see a big need for an "adjustable" backrest. Once I got it set up to my satisfaction I don't need to move it around.

Old 09-12-2010 | 11:35 AM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member

like the guy said its more about how you sit on a bike back versus hand postion, i put apes on my bike just shoulder level but have a 12 in pullback wow what a difference, they make me sit straight

Old 09-12-2010 | 11:54 AM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

Kind of a crappy picture but this is a Corbin seat and Corbin backrest on my Dyna. I find that it does help, if I adjust it just right. The backrest is easily removable (as is the pillion, passenger backrest, luggage rack, bags and windshield, all "quick-disconnect").

Old 09-12-2010 | 11:57 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member

my back was aching after only an hour or so in the saddle when riding my Fatboy. I recently added a backrest to the RK, and have been getting it adjusted to me and my riding position. think I may have it dialed in. what a difference. too many years flying Hueys and smurf-jets have really screwed up my back. I tend to slouch over when riding, and the backrest makes me sit up straighter. musch better.

Quick Reply: Need a backrest after yesterday