General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blank stare and drooling....

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 09:19 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

I'd say a few people have some definite anger issues if they get worked up over this post. Don't think the OP meant to offend - just inform. If you can't provide any beneficial feedback then don't click on the thread. I just happen to live in a state w/helmet law so we don't have a choice, but I learned my lesson long ago & never ride w/o one. If others choose not to wear - their choice & I respect that.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:20 PM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior
Received 951 Likes on 399 Posts

blank stare and drooling......... you just described my whole crew on the boat

Old 09-09-2010, 09:22 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I always wonder what head injury would convince someone that a head injury post would change anything.
Originally Posted by fat_tony
Hope this encourages people to protect their brain with a good helmet. Brain injuries don't heal they just make you more stupid.

"Two men suffered serious head injuries following a motorcycle crash in Saskatoon Sunday night. Police said the men, aged 34 and 40, were on the bike that went out of control in the 1000 block of Avenue P North around 10:40 p.m. The northbound motorcycle hit two signposts before coming to a stop, police said. The passenger was not wearing a helmet and the driver lost his helmet prior to hitting the sign posts. Both men were taken to hospital in serious condition."

Read more: http://www.cbc.ca/canada/saskatchewa...#ixzz0z5O14Imk

Old 09-09-2010, 09:33 PM
Ratster
Elite HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm thinking the OP needs to douche.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:35 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 12,254 Likes on 4,783 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman24
If you can't provide any beneficial feedback then don't click on the thread. I just happen to live in a state w/helmet law so we don't have a choice, but I learned my lesson long ago & never ride w/o one. If others choose not to wear - their choice & I respect that.

So am I to infer that you feel the only beneficial feedback is that which agrees with the OP?

Old 09-09-2010, 10:02 PM
Phrogman
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by IronAss
Good friend of my wife and I was on a ladder cleaning her pot shelves in the kitchen and fell and suffered a brain injury that led to her death a few day later.

Friend of mine when I was in the Army was driving a jeep and swerved to avoid hitting a deer and his head hit the corner of the windshield brace and he died from a brain injury.

Another friend of mine got in a fight when we were in the army and was hit in the head with a club....Suffered a brain injury and was never right after that.

Hope this gets other to start thinking about wearing a helmet 24/7/365 just in case....You never know when or how you might get a brain injury so better to be safe than sorry.
Hell, screw the helmet Iron ***! I'm just not gonna be your friend. It might be safer!

Old 09-09-2010, 10:10 PM
PktChg
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HOLY HELL!! Two so far are in real need of a hug. Just some schlub on here passing on his thoughts and you attack him as if demeaned you or demanded you wear a helmet. Take a Mydol and chill the f! out. Hell, if you get this worked up over a THOUGHT, I'd hate to be the poor bastard that cuts you off in traffic innocently.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:12 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Phrogman
Hell, screw the helmet Iron ***! I'm just not gonna be your friend. It might be safer!
Ya..My OL gets mad at me cause I don't have any friends. I told her that every time I get close to someone they end up dying!

Old 09-09-2010, 10:19 PM
IronAss
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by PktChg
HOLY HELL!! Two so far are in real need of a hug. Just some schlub on here passing on his thoughts and you attack him as if demeaned you or demanded you wear a helmet. Take a Mydol and chill the f! out. Hell, if you get this worked up over a THOUGHT, I'd hate to be the poor bastard that cuts you off in traffic innocently.
The third Reich started out as just a thought! Before you get your panties in a bunch over that one.....I am not accusing anyone of being a ****. Just saying that thoughts can be dangerous.

And no one innocently cuts anyone off in traffic. That word should be replaced with Stupidly or carelessly. Any action that can cause death or serious injury in my opinion should never be called an innocent mistake.

Just my opinion. I could be wrong....Wouldn't be the 1st time but I've heard nothing to make me think any differently.

Old 09-09-2010, 10:22 PM
1skrewsloose
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

+ 1 or how ever many, riding is a dangerous thing, live for the enjoyment of life. If you live to be protected at all times, check yourself into a padded room or ask the gub to keep you safe! Stats show that you're more likely to die in an operation under a doctors care than in a motorcycle accident? What's that tell ya!!

//

Quick Reply: Blank stare and drooling....