General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who Rides In CT?

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2012, 11:58 PM
Honey-Badger
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 401 Likes on 268 Posts

My crew rides in CT. Unfortunately, I won't be walking for a few months due to a texter. Titanium alloy hardware is keeping my leg and ankle together. I should be up and running on a new bike before the end of summer.

Lots of sweet rides in CT and surrounding states. Ride safe.

Old 06-01-2012, 10:53 AM
RadarRider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nick@nite
Yes sir bro helmet police always gotta throw in there freakn opinion, let those who ride decide... I love riding in CT but like you never really rode in western part of CT. Message me sometime I'm not far from you will go for a ride ...

Thanks, bro! I appreciate your support. You ever go to the Vanilla Bean in Pomfret? I could swear I've seen your bike before. I'll definitely hit you up! Thanks again.

Old 06-01-2012, 11:32 AM
Fergal
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There's some nice riding from Old Saybrook heading North from the shore staying along the Connecticut River. Some beautiful areas around East Haddam, Deep River, Higganum. All right off Route 9. Routes 154, 151 and 82 have some nice rides too.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:11 PM
BDHABT
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fergal
There's some nice riding from Old Saybrook heading North from the shore staying along the Connecticut River. Some beautiful areas around East Haddam, Deep River, Higganum. All right off Route 9. Routes 154, 151 and 82 have some nice rides too.
We,(my wife and I),ride these roads quite often.We also head along RT1,and find different routes to get us back home.

Old 06-02-2012, 01:45 PM
bobg03
Road Master
Received 240 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by RadarRider
Thanks, bro! I appreciate your support. You ever go to the Vanilla Bean in Pomfret? I could swear I've seen your bike before. I'll definitely hit you up! Thanks again.
LOL....ya know what's funny is the VB is < 5 minutes from me, never been. I will say there is always a load of bikes there as I blow thru going west.

I can never count on weekends off, except on short notice. During the week I'll head past the VB and go west on 44 out to 32 or 31 and then go north or south looping back a variety of ways.

No critiquing here but I always strap a helmet to the back cause I've found myself in Ma or NY by accident...LOL

Outlaw makes a pretty light legal helmet that might help your gal for those short durations where she has to wear it.

Last edited by bobg03; 06-02-2012 at 01:48 PM.
Old 06-02-2012, 04:06 PM
YeOldeStonecat
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,678 Likes on 1,649 Posts

Originally Posted by Fishrrman
"
One area of CT to definitely avoid (of course avoid I-95 and the Connecticut coast)
???

Some of the most beautiful riding is along the coast of CT. Additionally, summertime....about 15 degrees cooler due to the ocean.

Old 06-02-2012, 04:44 PM
Cometsoft
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by YeOldeStonecat
???

Some of the most beautiful riding is along the coast of CT. Additionally, summertime....about 15 degrees cooler due to the ocean.
I like the area around Branford and the Thimble Islands. Haven't explored much further east. Where are you suggesting?

Am familiar with CT from Branford west to Greenwich. All the areas further inland through Greenwich, North Stamford, New Canaan and Westport have some nice features in the back country, but not on the water because of the traffic.

Old 06-02-2012, 05:40 PM
jmg343
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cometsoft
All the areas further inland through Greenwich, North Stamford, New Canaan and Westport have some nice features in the back country, but not on the water because of the traffic.

Ton of deer too.

Lotsa rich folk too. So if, God forbid, a texter gets you and you live to tell the tale, you might come away a millionaire.

Old 06-02-2012, 06:44 PM
roadhog96
Cruiser

Seeing how your from RI I'm surprised you haven't had any other riders from your state suggest a ride to Gillettes Castle. The ride to get into the park is decent. I've run into a lot of guys that hang out at Ocean State HD in RI. A lot of riders from RI do the castle. Here's the link; http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?A...204#directions
Another nice ride is Devil's Hopyard; http://www.ct.gov/dep/cwp/view.asp?a=2716&q=325188
Now I haven't been out there lately but I heard there was a fire out around Devil's Hopyard last year I believe so the place might not look so nice right now. Normally it's a nice ride in and around the falls. Both parks have picnic areas and there half the distance for you then Western CT. So if your looking for a decent ride and don't feel
like riding the distance to Western CT they might be worth checking out.

Old 06-02-2012, 07:00 PM
roadhog96
Cruiser

You must have been here before if you've rode in Pomfret CT. Tons of bikers visit this place on the weekends during the riding season.
http://www.thevanillabeancafe.com/directions.html

Quick Reply: Who Rides In CT?