Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

IS this for real??? Harley leather for $165. 00

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2010, 02:17 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by JollyRogers
checkout http://topbrands.diytrade.com/sdp/68...3549167/0.html

I did a search for the company, this is what I came up with. The place even lists the Harley part # and it crosses over to HD's #'s. I have seen this sort of thing before, and believe it or not it was legit. Would I chance $165... only if I felt like throwing away my money as you just don't know if you are gonna get anything.
Your money is gonna end up in China anyway if you by HD clothing from a dealer, so the $27 jacket isnt too pricey to buy and check out...

I'll be POed if my jacket was there for 165 bucks, paid 500 for the thing at the dealer....

Old 09-10-2010, 03:46 AM
kanelakos
Road Master
Received 43 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by barjbar
I clicked on the HD jacket for $27. The large emblem definitely looks crooked to me. I wouldn't touch the stuff and it's also illegal.
LOL. the windshield bag I bought from an HD Dealer had the logo crooked as well. A friend of mine's windshield bags logo is crooked too.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:20 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Krazy8s

I'll be POed if my jacket was there for 165 bucks, paid $500 for the thing at the dealer....
Sounds about right. I'd say apparel that costs $1 has a $3.50 MSRP. Employees of my local HD dealership buy apparel at 40% off and I'm sure the dealer still makes money. On a $500 jacket, that's $200 off.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:30 AM
Vincewd
Road Master
Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I can't understand paying to wear the Harley name in the first place, It seem backwards to me, I think it need to be cheaper because it bears the Name or logo.

But the stuff in the link I bet is crap,

Old 09-10-2010, 06:38 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincewd
I can't understand paying to wear the Harley name in the first place, It seem backwards to me, I think it need to be cheaper because it bears the Name or logo.
You ride a Harley motorcycle with the H-D logo on it. What's the difference, other than not being built in China? Some of the parts and accessories are.

They possibly could be factory rejects. I would imagine they could not advertise with the H-D logo without the Motor Companys aproval.

Last edited by shortride; 09-10-2010 at 06:44 AM.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:45 AM
Bike-R-Mike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Personally I would never buy any of that stuff , because you just DON'T know . I mean IF the items are indeed made in the same factory that HD has them made in , then the quality would or should be just as good . I'm sure HD has set out certain quality standards that the items must meet . However if they are made in some other factory simply to LOOK the same , that does not mean the material or stitching used are as good . You wash the t-shirt once and it shrinks to the size of a sports bra or the design on it is nearly under you arm instead of on the back or front . I know the dealers sell their stuff at high prices , however around here at least all the dealers have sales racks where you can get things at much reduced prices if you are willing to stop by and take a look once in a while .

Old 09-10-2010, 06:55 AM
Krazy8s
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincewd
Fair point as the wearer is actually advertising the brand by wearing the merchandise. HD should be paying us to parade their logo around...

The badge on the bike not optional if you buy new, any logo gear you wear is optional, so there should be an incentive to wear it...HD are getting free advertising, but since their ad agency of 30 years just dumped them, I guess they are looking for advertising options now

Old 09-10-2010, 07:19 AM
RadarRider
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think I'm gonna buy a sewing machine & make my own HD gear. Even though it's illegal as well, the logos will probably be crooked the same, & the quality will be cheap...........@ least it'll be made in the USA!

Old 09-10-2010, 07:21 AM
OldCoddger
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't buy China made if I can find the product I am looking for anywhere else. The more money we keep at home, the better off we will be in the long haul. If we all could cut our made in China purchases to a minimun, where are they going to sell all the junk they produce. The goverment won't do anything but kiss the butts of these forgien countries, but if we will stop buying this junk, then we don't need the goverment help. If Wally World, the local stealer and all other retailers have a load of made in China crap left on the shelf, they will figure it out.

A $500 HD coat, no way for me.

Old 09-10-2010, 07:55 AM
handyhoward
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sun **** Industry Co.,Ltd
Wholesale Harley Davidson Clothing and Designer Clothes Manufacturer from China .
Sorry. This member has been stopped temporarily due to some problem.
Please search for more similar products from verified suppliers.

This was and is a knock off company and this merchandise will never make it past customs...

Quick Reply: IS this for real??? Harley leather for $165. 00