General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MP3 Headphones ?

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 07:50 AM
onaride63
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

skullcandy ear buds for myself. A decent pair set me back about 35-40 bucks

Old 09-09-2010, 08:30 AM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have lots of suggestions.

1st is a set of headphones/earbuds that I've used that are perfect for riding. They are made by a company called Zagg (I have no connection to this company)

http://www.zagg.com/audio/smart-buds.php

They fit in my ear comfortably, sound amazing, and have a controll unit on the cord that allows you to change songs, control volume and answer your phone on an Iphone, Ipod, Blackberry. It's a safe way to control your music and while riding and adjust volume for different riding conditions all without taking your eyes off ot the road. The cord is a rope like material that fits around your neck so it is out of the way (see the web site for this detail). The price was just reduced to $50 and they are well worth it. Honestly I couldn't recommend these more highly

I had a pair of Zaggs and lost them so I've been riding with a pair of Sharper Image earbuds I found at TJMaxx for $15. They sound ok, fit in the ear nicely, and have a controll unit on the cord that allows you to change songs, pause and answer the phone which is a great feature. I would have bought the Zaggs again but they were $80 at the time.

Just my opinion but skull candy are cheap and sound that way.

Finally... there are a ton of threads devoted to this topic and here is one of them.

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...with-ipod.html

Old 09-09-2010, 08:42 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hear in Florida it's technically illegal to wear headphones or earbuds while driving/riding. However, everyone does it anyway. My Ultra Classic has four prety good speakers stock. I'm particularly impressed I can hear at highway speed really clearly. I do wear a Bluetooth receiver in my right ear on long trips since my GPS has no external speaker

Old 09-09-2010, 08:44 AM
happyh99
Intermediate

I've had a pair of these since 1999. When they stop working right (every 2 years or so) I go get another pair. They sound decent, stay in even when my old portable CD player fell off the treadmill, unplugged, got shot behind me by the spinning belt and shattered against the wall, and they are cheap. I was surprised that they worked well while riding, but they sounded clearer on the highway than a couple more expensive models.

Sony MDR-J10 h.Ear Headphones

Old 09-09-2010, 11:37 AM
BQ2
Advanced

+1 on the skull candy man ! Can't beat 'em

Old 09-09-2010, 06:03 PM
bigpercentcountry
Tourer

I've been using skull candy and really like them. They blew out the first time I rode with them, but I've never had a problem with them since. You can hear the music and they keep the wind out of your ears as well.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:23 PM
Tortoise98
Grand HDF Member
Received 2,294 Likes on 838 Posts

Etymotic research ER-6i. No equal in my opinion. about $100 but worth every penny.

Old 09-09-2010, 06:47 PM
stic2it
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I got a pair of really good in ear noise canceling headphones from bestbuy, set me back $60 but they stay in my ear very well. I usually put my ipod on my jeans through the belt loops and run it inside my shirt. I can't ride without it, I get so annoyed w/o my headphones in. I put them in and keep the music off when I don't want to listen to music, they act as earplugs. When using my half helmet, I make sure the strap is held in place with the bottom of the strap so the wind wont pull the cord and pull them out of my ears..

stic

Old 09-09-2010, 06:51 PM
joe.1955
Stellar HDF Member
Received 77 Likes on 47 Posts

Originally Posted by Tortoise98
Etymotic research ER-6i. No equal in my opinion. about $100 but worth every penny.
+1, these are all I use. Available from Amazon.com

http://www.amazon.com/Etymotic-Resea...4076635&sr=8-1

Good write up on them at the bottom of the page.

Last edited by joe.1955; 09-09-2010 at 06:58 PM.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:54 PM
crisscross
Stage I

I've been using skull candy buds for the last couple of years, but found a pair of Koss that have the "spongy" inserts that stay in better. They are a little longer as well which helps keep out wind noise much better as well.

Ride Free

Quick Reply: MP3 Headphones ?