General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Samson big gun 3 exhaust problems after less than 500 miles

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 11:46 PM
meathead1134
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Samson big gun 3 exhaust problems after less than 500 miles

I started my bike tonight at work. I heard a rattle, I already new what it was by the sound. After I got home and the bike cooled. I climbed under the bike and sure enough I have found the problem and I was right. The top pipe at the rear where the heat shield and the pipe it self are welded together the entire weld split. I have less than 500 miles on this exhaust! I purchased it on 07/28 I took a picture with my camera phone. I am not happy to say the least. I just emailed Samson the issue and I hope they get back to me quickly. Arrr I actually just got my bike back from the carb being tuned. I hope that customer service with Samson gets back to me quickly. The funny thing about this whole ordeal. I just threw out the orgional packaging today and the garbage men took it. I have attached a picture to show this.

Attached Thumbnails New Samson big gun 3 exhaust problems after less than 500 miles-samson-crack-weld.jpg  
Old 09-08-2010, 01:24 AM
SloChicken
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

samson has their own section on this forum. Contact them there regarding your problem. U may as well bitch about it to someone that will be able to help.
Good luck!

Old 09-08-2010, 09:35 AM
Big_Al47
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 93 Likes on 40 Posts

Good luck dude!

Old 09-08-2010, 01:18 PM
Samson_info
Former Sponsor

Samson has already answered this gentleman and we will take care of him.
thank you,
JR

Old 09-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Rick-e
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Samson_info
thank you,
JR

+1

The OP should have contacted Samson folks first. I hope he has enough class to give props for customer service if they take good care of him.

Old 09-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Samson_info
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by meathead1134
I started my bike tonight at work. I heard a rattle, I already new what it was by the sound. After I got home and the bike cooled. I climbed under the bike and sure enough I have found the problem and I was right. The top pipe at the rear where the heat shield and the pipe it self are welded together the entire weld split. I have less than 500 miles on this exhaust! I purchased it on 07/28 I took a picture with my camera phone. I am not happy to say the least. I just emailed Samson the issue and I hope they get back to me quickly. Arrr I actually just got my bike back from the carb being tuned. I hope that customer service with Samson gets back to me quickly. The funny thing about this whole ordeal. I just threw out the orgional packaging today and the garbage men took it. I have attached a picture to show this.
again please call us on our toll free number 888-5-SAMSON. we will be pleased to help you.
thank you,
JR

Old 09-08-2010, 08:55 PM
meathead1134
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Rick-e
+1

The OP should have contacted Samson folks first. I hope he has enough class to give props for customer service if they take good care of him.
Of course I will.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:01 PM
meathead1134
Cruiser

again please call us on our toll free number 888-5-SAMSON. we will be pleased to help you.
thank you,
JR
Thanks for the quick email JR. I called and asked for you and was stated that you were in the wharehouse. I also tried faxing over a copy of my invoice but the fax number does not work. It states that the number has been disconnected or not in service. Please call me I left my number in the email I replied to you.

It's nice to see customer service in today's world. It seems with other companies customer service has gone to the waste side. I delt with another company today was basically told it was my problem. But I like that Samson emailed me quickly. I'm looking forward to hearing back.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:05 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Good luck and keep us posted on how long this takes to get this resolved.

Old 09-08-2010, 09:11 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

thank you,
JR
Now that service... that's what it all about...

Quick Reply: New Samson big gun 3 exhaust problems after less than 500 miles