General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Spooked!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 08:36 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by OdiousBarbarian
That and a taillight from BrightAssLights. I swear that since I put on my BrightAssLights taillight, people gave me an extra 2-3 car lengths behind me on the freeway when I tap the breaks, and i get a full 1-2 car lengths between me and the car behind me at stop lights.
$200 for a tailight though? for that money it should slap the driver in the face if they get within 30 feet...

also i heard with the LED lights you need voltage regulators and all sorts of other s*it.

Old 09-07-2010, 08:38 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kumite
You can come close to eliminating the number one cause for motorcycle crashes with the addion of a simple aftermarket product.

Most on this board will not do this but I have and my wife has on her bike. It makes a huge difference in stoping people from not seeing you and turning in front of you.

What is it you may ask...... a headlight modulatory. They flat out see me now.

Before you give it up... you may want to try one of these. It will help lower the odds.

https://www.kisantech.com/index.php?cat_id=2

R. Todd
is that legal though? i would imagine you would get pulled over all the time with that thing blinking away. not saying it isn't a good idea but if you can't ride with it legally what good does it do you?

Old 09-07-2010, 08:57 PM
noname
Club Member
Received 989 Likes on 541 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
is that legal though? i would imagine you would get pulled over all the time with that thing blinking away. not saying it isn't a good idea but if you can't ride with it legally what good does it do you?
Yeah it's legal. It blinks from low to high on and off really quick. It is easier to see than just the steady light of the low beam or the steady high beam as far as that goes. Noname

Old 09-07-2010, 09:03 PM
noname
Club Member
Received 989 Likes on 541 Posts

The most dangerous thing you will ever do is ride in a car. That's a fact. Another fact is that people die riding bikes. Sorry, but they do. You can do some things to help yourself though. Keep vigilant, take rider improvement courses. 't drink even one beer and ride. You may find it helpful to mind where you ride until you get over your nervousness. Avoid large populations, get out in the country, ride some scenic back roads. Some peaceful "alone" time. You and your wife. Connecting, being a couple, you, her, the road, the bike. Be well. Noname

Old 09-07-2010, 09:06 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Embrace your feelings, they are usually right on. Although that does not mean to live in fear.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:31 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I felt similar and stopped riding for a couple years. Bought a new Heritage at my wifes urgence and haven't felt the fear since. 30,000 miles on the 07.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:46 PM
Kumite
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by babalu
Legal in all 50 based on fed law.

Try it you will love the safety increase

R. Todd

Old 09-07-2010, 09:57 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good post and very thoughtful responses. I get that fear now and then, riding down the road and thinking how easy it would be for something to go wrong, someone to make a wrong move, and I'd be down. And likely dead or incapacitated. It can all happen so fast (been down bad twice). But then the feeling of the air across my face and rumble of the engine and the feel of the throttle... and I think, ya know, people die every day from all kinds of crazy things. This is something I enjoy. Sure, it's dangerous. In a funny way that's part of what makes it enjoyable.

Old 09-07-2010, 09:59 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Kumite
Legal in all 50 based on fed law.

Try it you will love the safety increase

R. Todd
i am looking a the bright *** lights tail light but i worry blinking headlights would district drivers more than make you noticeable.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:33 PM
jgcable
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Its cool to hear other riders have similar thoughts. Just been alot more spooked lately. A few friends went down recently, one hit by a truck while he was sitting at a light. They didn't die but plenty others have over this past summer. I ride with about 30 guys and I am the only one that wears a helmet. Call me paranoid I guess. Heck.. my wife doesn't even wear one and she is on the back.

Quick Reply: Spooked!!!