General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bikers beat down cager

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 09:32 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Just-a-Guy
You know, it's one thing to be an idiot, it's another thing entirely to be an arrogant idiot. From wikipedia:

"In some states, it is not against the law to overtake vehicles in the presence of solid yellow lines if it is safe to do so. Section 3303 and 3305 of the Pennsylvania driver code are examples. Vermont State Law also allows passing of the double yellow line when no traffic is on the opposing side, however, one must pass quickly and return to the proper side."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-yellow_line

And in case you're contemplating the standard response that wikipedia is not a reliable source, feel free to look up the individual statutes of various states. I found the above in less than 30 seconds, and that's already more time than I have to educate you.
from the same article:

United States
A double-yellow line (often called "the double-yellow") is a painted marking between opposing sides of a highway. It consists of two, parallel, solid yellow lines located between the two directions of traffic flow and its presence usually indicates a no-passing restriction or no passing zone. Obvious exceptions to this no-passing restriction include emergency maneuvers or temporary traffic flow changes due to road work. Often the double-yellow line has sections where one of the lines becomes dashed (in which case it is no longer a "double-yellow") indicating to the drivers traveling on the dashed side that they may pass when traffic permits.

i think we all know that there should be no passing on a double yellow, i think that's common sense.

as for your personal insults, it's typical of this board, keyboard warriors...

Old 09-07-2010, 09:39 PM
Rick-e
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by yljkt
May not be Harley riders. Don't matter. Another blemish. Swell.
Yeah I'm betting they were GoldWing riders

Old 09-07-2010, 09:49 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Oh hell,Lancaster,15 bikers.I think we all know who it might be.If you were ever going to put on your blinker,if the "biker gang" we all think it might be is behind you.You better put the damn blinker on,or there could be hell to pay,and there was.Not excusing what they did,but how many out there would secretly like to do the same thing,when we are cut off,or treated like we don't deserve to be on the road by a cager?

Old 09-07-2010, 09:58 PM
C R
Road Master
Received 153 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Just-a-Guy
How do you know he wasn't using his left arm to give the finger? Or maybe he tried to grab a biker as he rode by. Admittedly a bit unlikely, but I've seen worse, and you don't know. You weren't there.

I don't understand all the "cheerleading" for a cager who mowed down a bike and walked away with nothing but a broken arm and a couple of smashed windows. What forum is this, anyway?
I wasn't "cheerleading" for anybody , I was just making an observation ,
that no one seemed to relate the fact that he had his left arm extended
out the window (which is a legal turn signal)and probably why it was broken when they collided with each other. Of course thats just deductive reasoning,
but who in the hell uses logic any more.

You're right ,I was not there , he was probably flipping them off or trying to grab his assless chaps as he went by.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:04 PM
Roadie09
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can honestly say I have felt like beating down more than one driver, but without all the facts it is tough to make a decision on this one. No blinker puts the auto driver in the wrong, passing with a double yellow puts the biker in the wrong. Not sure who was more in the wrong here, but having a 15 on 1 confrontation is not right.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

I sometimes cross the double yellow turning left into the Starbucks to get a mochachino carmelito macciata. Does that count?

Seriously, road rage is a terrible thing, no matter who's got it. that's all I'm saying.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:17 PM
bjewell
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 348 Likes on 134 Posts

Didn't say they were riding Harleys...might be those crazy sportbike types. That would account for the 15 to one beat down...

Old 09-07-2010, 10:20 PM
shiftharder
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick-e
Yeah I'm betting they were GoldWing riders
Or Vespa

Old 09-07-2010, 10:26 PM
parts eeter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I think everyone should beat down the next driver that cuts them off.
Maybe we will quit losing friends to idiots in cages.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:38 PM
hollowpoint
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bucks08
Cool to see a guy taking a stand but did it really take 15 of them to take on one guy?
That's the "victim's" story. MAYBE there were 15 riding together, but I doubt all found it necessary to throw a punch. I does, however, make the "victim" appear more victimized.

Poor fella, just tried to turn left without signaling & this big gang totaled his car.

Quick Reply: Bikers beat down cager