General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bikers beat down cager

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2010, 07:09 PM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Straight out of SOA.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:11 PM
brgtr3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So, no one has asked the obvious question:

Was this biker gang wearing ***-less chaps or not?

Old 09-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Jeff W
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

First you have to figure that the reporter spun that report to make it sound as bad as possible for the bikers.

Second, all they managed to do was re-enforce, the dirty, bad, foul, druggy outlaw biker image that hangs over us.

Third,howmany here have forgotten to use the turn signal? My bet is that everyone on this site has almost on a daily basis, or often enough. im not taking up for the cager, but at the same time we are all human and humans make mistakes, this case sounds like all party's made mistakes.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:19 PM
JW1200
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 21,353 Likes on 8,411 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeff W
First you have to figure that the reporter spun that report to make it sound as bad as possible for the bikers.

Second, all they managed to do was re-enforce, the dirty, bad, foul, druggy outlaw biker image that hangs over us.

Third,howmany here have forgotten to use the turn signal? My bet is that everyone on this site has almost on a daily basis, or often enough. im not taking up for the cager, but at the same time we are all human and humans make mistakes, this case sounds like all party's made mistakes.
Get the friggin cell phone out of your left hand and you will be able to turn your signal ON!!! It's not that hard!!

Old 09-07-2010, 07:20 PM
Nubz
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Third,howmany here have forgotten to use the turn signal?
well you got me there I have done that more than once and it always makes me wonder what could have happened if there was someone there that I didn't look out for

Old 09-07-2010, 07:21 PM
Just-a-Guy
Road Master

I don't know about you, but I have always made a special effort to be aware of motorcycle riders. I give them extra room, plenty of signals and a lot of respect. I can't even imagine having a group of riders behind me and turning without giving a signal. If I did, I would deserve to have my arm broken and my car totalled. Sounds like the perp here recognizes that fact (or else is just scared, which works ok for me, too).

Old 09-07-2010, 07:24 PM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member

A shattered front windshield on a Plymouth Sundance

Oh my! That total loss of such an expensive car was pretty tough eh?

Shakey

Old 09-07-2010, 07:27 PM
eddie eggs
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I can't find "Cager Beat Down" listed in my owners manual. Maybe HD should devote a few pages next model year for proper etiquette.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Gypsylady
-Moderator-"Wench with a Wrench and Queen of Quips"
Received 1,980 Likes on 755 Posts

Originally Posted by JW1200
Get the friggin cell phone out of your left hand and you will be able to turn your signal ON!!! It's not that hard!!
I don't even HAVE a left hand & manage to use my turn signals.

Old 09-07-2010, 07:32 PM
sagebrush1976
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Thumbs up

Oh boy....here is another report of the same story. Sounds like some quality news reporting to me! This happened about 3 miles from my house. The "victim" was trying to turn in to a very classy trailer park when this occured. FWIW...its about 12 miles to MD from where this happened. I would like to know how they know the "motorcyclists" fled all the way across the state line.

A group of motorcyclists terrorized a motorist and his passenger and damaged their car after a hit-and-run wreck in Fulton Township on Monday.
The Peach Bottom motorist was trying to turn left from Nottingham Road (Route 272) onto Warfel Lane in Wakefield, state police said.
A group of about 15 unknown motorcyclists from Maryland were traveling behind the car and one sideswiped the driver's side of the car, police said. The motorcycle struck and broke the victim's arm, which was hanging out the car window.
The motorist came to a stop in the middle of Warfel Lane and the motorcyclist stopped on the east shoulder of the roadway, police said.
The group of motorcyclists then stopped on the south side of Route 272, surrounded the car and started yelling at both victims inside it, police said.
The motorcyclists bent the car's radio antenna, punched out the front windshield, kicked and punched the car, kicked off a rear view mirror and stole the victim's license plate, police said.
Before they fled, one of the motorcyclists threw a soda can through a back window of the car, causing it to shatter, police said. The can struck the dashboard of the car and exploded.
The victims then fled to their nearby home and called 911, police said. The motorcyclists fled south on Route 272 into Maryland.
Police are investigating the incident and are considering charges of hit and run, simple assault, theft and criminal mischief, they said.
State police ask anyone with information to call them at 299-7650.
rrobinson@lnpnews.com

Quick Reply: Bikers beat down cager