General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The MOCO won't help, little long

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2010, 09:49 AM
XL50#674
Elite HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
your situation is the exception not the norm (breakdown). i would venture a guess that any bike that you had that broke down out of warranty the dealer would have told you the same thing.

whatever, go get your honda. hopefully the frame won't break on you.

+1 I mean it is not HD's fault that a 17 year old bike is leaking and can not find a TSB on it and there might not have ever been a TSB for that issue. I mean when you are dealing with older vehicles it's not always easy to get the answers you need.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:35 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,354 Likes on 2,533 Posts

Originally Posted by babyray
didnt say **** about buying a new Honda, but I did say I wont buy another new Harley.Seems to me an oil pump failure at 7000 is at least an argument for a defective part. Thats all . Didnt ever consider them picking up the whole tab.
whatever dude, i never said you did. i was merely offering you a suggestion. life is too short to spend it unhappy. and if you are going to base your buying decisions of a new vehicle on one that is 17 years old, well....

you never said if you bought it new or used. if used, you don't really know the history of how the original owner cared for it. if new, well, 7000 miles in 17 years? i'd a broke on your *** too for not riding.

and really, you expected some type of warranty help (whether whole tab or not) on a 17 year old part?

your best bet is to find someone who specializes in 'older' bikes and get them to look at it. a lot of dealers won't even take in a bike as old as your for anything other than an oil change.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:58 AM
BB4xl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Years ago while under warranty my bike would cut out and sputter then be alright. Got every fu&4ing stupid excuse. One day it did it on the freeway in rush hour traffic. Almost got nailed. Lucky for a friendly trucker(anyhow thats another story). Go to the dealer and the service manger take it for a ride and ask me "what have you been smoking". I about ****** him up. Go to the owner's daughter, shes the general manger, I know her my buddy's cousin lives with her. She tells me "maybe you should take your bike to someone else if you are not happy here". So I call the factory and get the fluff off from them. I stop in the dealership and they act like I betrayed them. She tells me they will not work on my bike anymore. 2 days later the module fries. I call them and they come get it. I get Sorry about that. They fix it and tell me that the No work thing stands. You called the factory on us. I told the service manger if you would have took me seriously I wouldn't have had to. Musta been smoking somthing when I called. We have a saying where I grew up FU$& em. Harley need some American competition. The Factory acts like they are Royalty and how dare you bother us. This is a BIG part of the reason I have not bought another brand new Bike. Now all the newbies run out buy a HD and spend another 10 grand plastering HD on everything they own. Untill they get screwed around.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:29 PM
babyray
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skratch
whatever dude, i never said you did. i was merely offering you a suggestion. life is too short to spend it unhappy. and if you are going to base your buying decisions of a new vehicle on one that is 17 years old, well....

you never said if you bought it new or used. if used, you don't really know the history of how the original owner cared for it. if new, well, 7000 miles in 17 years? i'd a broke on your *** too for not riding.

and really, you expected some type of warranty help (whether whole tab or not) on a 17 year old part?

your best bet is to find someone who specializes in 'older' bikes and get them to look at it. a lot of dealers won't even take in a bike as old as your for anything other than an oil change.
Not really sure where the 17 years came from.Im pretty sure I wrote 07 on my comment. Ill still never but a brand new one theres plenty of good used ones to be had when the yuppies go back to whatever trend they were into before Harleys became so cool.