General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sportster vs.vrod

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2010, 08:28 AM
32vld
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would never buy a Harley clone when I could have a Harley.

Why give up a Harley to own a jap clone?

Old 09-06-2010, 08:58 AM
schumacher
Club Member
Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by 32vld
I would never buy a Harley clone when I could have a Harley.

Why give up a Harley to own a jap clone?
actually, the Vrod has a lot from Harleys Nova V4 project in it. Hilarious Harley peeps will even call Harley products Jap clones.

Some of ya'll aren't too bright it seems

Old 09-06-2010, 09:13 AM
Harleyrider_49
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
kabluie. The 07 Softail Custom has 5K on it from being trailered to rallies to look cool on. The 08 Buell Ulysses has 10K on it from the ride last year to the Arctic Circle(that is all that it was for and is retired now). The 09 XR1200 has 1.2k just doing local twisties which it is good at. The 010 Dyna Super Glide which was added a month ago has 1.5K and is used for straight roads and to launch wot. The 010 Ultra is for long distance interstate runs and has 8K on it.

I had three metrics with the 07 FXSTC in 07 and traded them off for the HD's in the following years and they had about 16K miles between them before I traded. So, I average about 10K to 12K per year.
Damn,dude......must have alot'a time and $$$ on yer hands,is all I can add... 'specially in this economy! Glad ta hear somebody can do it.....though if I had the bux, would prolly have 1 of each model.........

Old 09-06-2010, 09:14 AM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by Harleyrider_49
Damn,dude......must have alot'a time and $$$ on yer hands,is all I can add... 'specially in this economy! Glad ta hear somebody can do it.....though if I had the bux, would prolly have 1 of each model.........
Vrods aren't Harleys....get yer facts straight

Old 09-06-2010, 09:17 AM
10 RED RK
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 23 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by schumacher
actually, the Vrod has a lot from Harleys Nova V4 project in it. Hilarious Harley peeps will even call Harley products Jap clones.

Some of ya'll aren't too bright it seems
Buy the V rod - there's nothing you can build or buy in the HD line that will accelerate or run with them. You cannot build a bike that will run with the reliability and smoothness of that motor in traditional air cooled motor,

Having owned one for almost 2 years - I can tell you that they are awesomely fast. And with that "slipper" clutch you can downshift 2 gears
and really scare yourself to death and outrun any of your bud's.

They will run just a tic over 95mph in SECOND GEAR! and top speed is a little over 140mph.

Jap Clone - what a brilliant statement!!! It say's HarleyDavidson on the tank
with an engine that was developed by Porsche,,

If you want a "real world" view of the V - check out www.1130cc.com
Those guys will convince ya!!

Old 09-06-2010, 09:21 AM
schumacher
Club Member

Originally Posted by tomcraner
Buy the V rod - there's nothing you can build or buy in the HD line that will accelerate or run with them. You cannot build a bike that will run with the reliability and smoothness of that motor in traditional air cooled motor,

Having owned one for almost 2 years - I can tell you that they are awesomely fast. And with that "slipper" clutch you can downshift 2 gears
and really scare yourself to death and outrun any of your bud's.

They will run just a tic over 95mph in SECOND GEAR! and top speed is a little over 140mph.

Jap Clone - what a brilliant statement!!! It say's HarleyDavidson on the tank
with an engine that was developed by Porsche,,

If you want a "real world" view of the V - check out www.1130cc.com
Those guys will convince ya!!
even one of my personal hardcore Harley friends is guilty of this ignorant thinking......
We were at a dealer and I was checking out a Vrod Muscle (nice ride imo), and the idiot had nothing but bad things to say about it. No wonder Harley is sinking...........

Old 09-06-2010, 09:39 AM
schumacher
Club Member

here's my silver 883 sportyitalia, looking forward to customizing the next Sporty I get (will be the 4th.....I have a thing for Sportsters)

Old 09-06-2010, 09:52 AM
sportyitalia
Advanced
Default sportster vs. vrod

thanks everyone.i hear what your saying!!! i do want to say that yes, if i had the money id have both.and my sportster has alot of extras that everyone thinks its a low rider and not a sportster,plus theres lots of sentimental value there.for four years my husband and i have put this together to make it for my taste.i have a BLING THING.and although my sporster has alot this vrod has it all.i love curvy roads and can blow away on them but my sporster scrapes everytime...i know the center of gravity is alot higher on the sporster.i cant have both.my budget doesnt allow it.i have to decide before its to late i know...and i know the vrod is the more modern version of a harley,but it is a HARLEY .all others are the traditional styles of harleys.i get that some people see the vrod as too modern.to me a harley is a harley.i really love both styles.this is so hard..

Old 09-06-2010, 12:45 PM
sportyitalia
Advanced
Default sportsters

very nice sporster,looks like mine,almost..same color,i got the big tank and it has the harley in red.your pic is great!!! i will take a pic of mine to show all of u..thanks.sportyitalia..heres to sportsters!!!

Old 09-06-2010, 01:06 PM
BlueNoser
Tourer

Originally Posted by toby61
. keep the Sportster

keep the Vrod
Hope this helps

Quick Reply: Sportster vs.vrod