General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Have you ever ridden your Harley in Japan?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2010, 01:58 AM
EndOfDays
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are Harley Davidsons popular in Japan? Seems like they might be the black sheep over there instead of THE MOTORCYCLE to own like over here. That's a good looking night train by the way!

Old 09-05-2010, 05:12 AM
Pi-UNIT
Cruiser
Default Yes!! Popular very much!!

Originally Posted by EndOfDays
Are Harley Davidsons popular in Japan? Seems like they might be the black sheep over there instead of THE MOTORCYCLE to own like over here. That's a good looking night train by the way!
Hi.
Yes, the Harley Davidson is popular,
Several years ago, we got a permission to get a big bike license.
Many middle age people including me have loved to have our own Harley Davidson.
So a lot of bike riders who got the big bike license have become Harley riders.
Thanks for saying nice for my Night Train.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:24 AM
Wildon883R
Road Warrior
Received 81 Likes on 63 Posts

Was stationed at Misawa AB in the mid 80's. For one the roads are narrow in most parts and secondly the speed limits are granny speed from 20-60 kph 60=37mph and that was highway speed but occasionally you could find a 100 kph/ 60 mph road but few and far between. Reason?

The country is so jam packed to the point that people have to mount big round blind side mirrors on there garage just to be able to see to back there car out on the street. A street that is 2 lanes their would be 1/2 lanes wide in the US. Traffic is generally packed and slow as well on main roads.

The country is perfect for crotch rocket riders. Their are alot of twisties in Northern Japan. I don't know if i would of wanted to have my Harley there because the thing would of rarely if ever left 3rd gear. Sorry i'm American and i love flying down the highway on my bike. Weather wise i was there between 1987-1991 and i never felt it was warm enough to wear shorts at night. It was rainy, foggy, overcast ALOT. Still have alot of great memories from Japan and i love the food there better then any other Asian country.

If you want speed in Japan ride The Bullet Train. Now that thing flies lol.

Old 09-05-2010, 05:40 AM
Dixie Dreg
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Konichiwa Nori Sama, Good looking Night Train!

Old 09-05-2010, 06:29 AM
Thundermug
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Pi-UNIT
Have you ever ridden your Harley in Japan?

I started to laugh and accuse you of something not nice, then I remembered who you were. Sorry about that...

It sounds like your weather is similar to my weather.
If you ever come to the U.S. and Florida in particular Look me up...or anyone in the Florida Crew. You can ride with us anytime. www.hdforums.com/forum/the-florida-crew-127/

We've had several guests from other countries come and ride with us. Always looking for more!

Old 09-05-2010, 06:40 AM
Luxer
Road Warrior

Hey Nori...I'm up here in Misawa and you are right...it is hot! Northern Japan isn't set up for this kind of heat either as it is usually on the colder side up here.

I think most people would be surprised about the Harley following that exists over here in Japan. The riding is awesome though...a lot of twisties but the new highway is pretty opened up as well. My favorite is checking out the wild horses up in Cape Shiriya...something about a Harley and wild horses that you have to love.

Old 09-05-2010, 06:54 AM
magna
Stellar HDF Member
Received 239 Likes on 146 Posts

Pi-unit iread somewhere that in Japan you could only own a
a bike if you could lift it up from a lying down position,is that
right?

Old 09-05-2010, 07:31 AM
jimmers1817
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Pretty much the same here in NJ Nori. Two best riding seasons are Spring and Fall. Fall is the absolute best time of the year for me.

This summer was one for the books. Hottest and most humid I can ever recall. Didn't do much of anything outside let alone riding the bike.

BTW, congrats on getting your pic on pg 72 of the summer edition of HOG magazine. Pretty cool. I was going to pm you but forgot your member name.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:32 AM
Pi-UNIT
Cruiser
Default This summer......

Thanks all.

This summer is incredibly too hot, so it's no suitable to ride bikes.
In addition, there are usually many traffic jams here Japan.
So riding in the traffic jams make us feel stress and we always feel our legs are to hot!!! Ha ha
The weather forecast said the terrible hot day will continue for a while.
Booooooooo......Ha ha

>magna

Yes, you are right.
When someone wants to get the big bike license here Japan.....
That one has to raise a big bike by oneself before taking lessons in a driving school.
If that one couldn't raise it that one won't be able to progress to next step.

Regards.

Nori.

Old 09-05-2010, 07:42 AM
Pi-UNIT
Cruiser
Default I see.

Originally Posted by jimmers1817
Pretty much the same here in NJ Nori. Two best riding seasons are Spring and Fall. Fall is the absolute best time of the year for me.

This summer was one for the books. Hottest and most humid I can ever recall. Didn't do much of anything outside let alone riding the bike.

BTW, congrats on getting your pic on pg 72 of the summer edition of HOG magazine. Pretty cool. I was going to pm you but forgot your member name.
Oh! There are some similar places even in the USA.
I see.
Thanks.

By the way.
Thanks for saying congrats.
I'm a member in the HOG but it is the Japanese edition, so I'm not a member of your country's.
To be honest I didn't think the HOG used my pic this time because I was not the member. Ha ha

Quick Reply: Have you ever ridden your Harley in Japan?