General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the Deluxe a girls touring bike???...INCOMING!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006 | 03:27 AM
Katie
Elite HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is the Deluxe a girls touring bike???...INCOMING!!!!!

So... what makes a touring bike? How much do you have to "tour"? ( & just what are you supposed TO tour???)

Most of all... What Difference does it make, who rides what?? My 05 Deluxe is the HD I liked...I bought...I ride...I enjoy.

Doesn't leather Fringe make a bike look girly? Doesn't the shiny metal studs on the saddlebag & seat make a bike look masculine?

If your maleness is threatened but the thought that "someone" out there is gonna think you are on a girly bike, then baby, perhaps owning a Harley isn't for you...

Old 09-12-2006 | 03:48 AM
Roadqueen
Intermediate

The responses are hilarious!! I ride what I feel comfortable on. Just because it's called a Road King does that mean it's a 'boy' bike?

Old 09-12-2006 | 04:07 AM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: Roadqueen

The responses are hilarious!! I ride what I feel comfortable on. Just because it's called a Road King does that mean it's a 'boy' bike?
I totally agree,I think it's funny as hell.I've seen female riders on every model HD makes.Girlie bike ,boys bike,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,you guys kill me
Someone posted is the Deluxe for shorter folks.The ground clearence is lower than the bigger models.I felt more comfortable on the Deluxe at 5'6".I read an article where the writer was like 6'3',6'4",,,,& he felt a little cramped at the knees.I do think it fits a smaller person better.But as far as the girls bike thing.I knows girls that will out ride some of you

Old 09-12-2006 | 07:23 AM
hawker
Advanced

I will tell you my experence, I purchased a deluxe for my wife last Christmas, I was on the way home from the dealership and stopped by a gas station and a guy and his wife said "nice bike" I said thanks and told them it was my wife's xmas gift. His reply was "thats good, we saw you on that bike and thought you were gay" I ride a heritage but l also like the deluxe just as much.

Old 09-12-2006 | 01:01 PM
Punky Brewster
Banned
Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

ORIGINAL: hawker

I will tell you my experence, I purchased a deluxe for my wife last Christmas, I was on the way home from the dealership and stopped by a gas station and a guy and his wife said "nice bike" I said thanks and told them it was my wife's xmas gift. His reply was "thats good, we saw you on that bike and thought you were gay" I ride a heritage but l also like the deluxe just as much.
So I guess the consenses is from a Deluxe on down is a girlie bike.Since the Deluxe is bigger than the Dynas,the Dynas have to be girlie bikes as well.Oh boy Ive been perpatrating a fraud all these years,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,yikes

Old 09-12-2006 | 03:41 PM
John TN
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

ORIGINAL: hawker

So it's considered a gay bike too, that's hillarious, did you tune his jaw up a bit?

Old 09-12-2006 | 03:50 PM
1stGenRex
Advanced

ORIGINAL: txfxstrider

ORIGINAL: the general

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM. A DELUXE is a Harley davidson. It dos,ent say boys or girls model and it dos,ent come in pink. I see girls on every other model as well as deluxes and no one is calling a fat boy a sissy bike. The delux has style that harley davidson is famous for and i am insulted by such a statment .I am an x marine and have never had any one call me a girl or question my manhood so think about what a dum statment that is . You should buy the bike you like and that fits you not the the model that you think other people think is the right one .I,m 5'6 and love my bike . YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?

I didn't know there were ex-marines, just FORMER Marines. Semper Fi.
ex Marines are ones that no longer deserve the title...a little FYI!

S/F

Old 09-12-2006 | 04:30 PM
Tripper
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

ORIGINAL: 1stGenRex

ORIGINAL: txfxstrider

ORIGINAL: the general

WHAT IS YOUR PROBLEM. A DELUXE is a Harley davidson. It dos,ent say boys or girls model and it dos,ent come in pink. I see girls on every other model as well as deluxes and no one is calling a fat boy a sissy bike. The delux has style that harley davidson is famous for and i am insulted by such a statment .I am an x marine and have never had any one call me a girl or question my manhood so think about what a dum statment that is . You should buy the bike you like and that fits you not the the model that you think other people think is the right one .I,m 5'6 and love my bike . YOU GOT A PROBLEM WITH THAT?

I didn't know there were ex-marines, just FORMER Marines. Semper Fi.

ex Marines are ones that no longer deserve the title...a little FYI!

S/F
No "former," no "ex," just Marines. Not as lean; not as mean, but still a Marine.

Semper Fi[sm=patriot.gif]

Oh, and by the way I thought that women loved riding Fat Boys [sm=lildevil.gif]

Old 09-13-2006 | 05:07 AM
talon1674
Cruiser

Wow, heated...whew..and even Ex-...no wait former...no wait ..er hmmmm What do I call my service to my country? Geez. Well, it sure was fun reading, thats all.

Old 09-14-2006 | 10:09 AM
DI75
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wouldnt brag that I was a squid!!! The difference is take that sub away from you and all you are is a little fat rolly polly. Wouldnt bust your ***** but you jumped on the Marine with your ignorant comment. So you deserve what you get!![>:]
Name:  DIUSMC.jpg
Views: 23
Size:  72.0 KB

Quick Reply: Is the Deluxe a girls touring bike???...INCOMING!!!!!