General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is the Deluxe a girls touring bike???...INCOMING!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006 | 01:21 PM
SDMF
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Is the Deluxe a girls touring bike???...INCOMING!!!!!

[sm=popcorn.gif] This is getting good...

Old 09-08-2006 | 01:26 PM
captainhawg
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Okay it is settled. The Deluxe is a girl's bike. When I pass away I want to come back as a Deluxe seat cover. That way I will always be between the 2 things I like most on this earth. One is the V-Twin, the other is .........

Old 09-08-2006 | 01:29 PM
lapisblue
Tourer

Put a couple of skulls on it..........Problem solved.

Old 09-08-2006 | 01:29 PM
SDMF
Road Warrior

ORIGINAL: captainhawg

Okay it is settled. The Deluxe is a girl's bike. When I pass away I want to come back as a Deluxe seat cover. That way I will always be between the 2 things I like most on this earth. One is the V-Twin, the other is .........
But with your luck, they'll be big, sweaty, cottage cheese thighs. [sm=joke.gif][sm=smarty.gif]

Old 09-08-2006 | 02:01 PM
oldgeezer
Grand HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Deluxe isn't a chick bike, Dyna's are. LOL!

Old 09-08-2006 | 02:09 PM
Bluerose

OMG...... I hate when someone calls my bike a "Chick Bike". The Deluxe is the same bike underneath as a Fatboy or a Heritage -- same engine, frame, etc. Built to look nostalgic thats all and set lower which I like though I am 5' 8" and can ride most of the other bikes comfortably too. Heck I ride what I felt most comfortable on and liked the looks of....not because I was told it was a "Chick Bike"

Now I figure the definition of a chick's bike is a bit skewed:

I have heard that "Sporties are chick bikes" but honestly I'm a chick and didn't like the feel of the bike, found that they felt top heavy compared to what I was riding before. Have heard other girls say it too. Does not mean that is the same for all but for me it didn't fit.

Had some dude tell me that the blue and white Deluxe was for girls and the other colors were for guys...what a lark!!!

We have a girl in our chapter that rides a white Road King with lavendar flames and a matching helmet....now that is a girls bike!

It's all about perception..if you feel too self-concious and "Girly" riding the bike or care what other less informed folks say...then maybe you do need a different bike so you can feel more manly. Not saying you are not manly enough but if it bothers you that much then.......

Here's another thread about this....I got mad because some one called mine a "Chicks Bike" ....https://www.hdforums.com/m_639598/tm.htm.

Old 09-08-2006 | 02:58 PM
anniv03classic
Tourer

Bought my Heritage from a woman. So, it was a chick's bike, but now it is a guy's bike.

Old 09-08-2006 | 03:21 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's just like the RUB name calling thing, just a dumb label. It's hard for me to classify any Harley as a "girls" bike. Never hear people off the street compare it that way, never hear metric riders compare it that way. The only folks i ever hear say a model is a girls bike is a Harley rider that has a model bigger than the one he is talking about. Makes him feel bigger i guess. Now trucks are another thing. I've seen a lot of women driving Kenworths lately so i guess that means those are the girls trucks and Peterbuilts are the men's trucks???? By the way, tons of women in the military carring M-16's so that's theirs, not sure which weapon is the mens one though.

Old 09-08-2006 | 03:22 PM
Sportshot
Cruiser

The Deluxe will always be a "girl bike" to me because I had a good female friend who rode one. She recently passed away but whenever I see one I think of her. I'd put her up against anyone through the canyons, she was really fast and fearless. Could not outrun cancer though. I will really miss her.

Old 09-08-2006 | 03:23 PM
AK_Hog_Herder
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Around here I do see a higher number of females on the Deluxe than male.

However...

I know of several ladies riding Ultras, FatBoys, Heritage Classics, Dynas, Sporties.

But there is something about the look of the Deluxe that makes me think of a girls Schwin and I don't know why.

One male friend gets very, very upset when someone calls his Deluxe a "girls bike". But then he is an extreme homophobe.

Quick Reply: Is the Deluxe a girls touring bike???...INCOMING!!!!!