General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is her butt comfortable?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2010, 03:55 PM
Vern1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Greetings,
Put a Sundowner on my DWG.
The wife likes it better than the stock seat and moreso when we go on long rides.
She did say the stock DWG seat was much more comfortable than the King and Queen and/or Cobra seats she used to sit on back in our rigid frame days too - imagine that!

Old 08-30-2010, 03:55 PM
maryland blackout
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by rcaddell
Why not just get a second seat for comfort. Takes all of a minute to swap seats.

i have the stock HD two-up seat but i don't like the looks or riding position. i'll put it on for comfort if we are going a long distance but for bangin around town i'm thinking either a removable pad or maybe even a bare bones pillion to go with my saddle. Just wanted to see who has experience with 'em and if they are worth dealing with.

Old 08-30-2010, 04:02 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,985 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Your asking the wrong group really . Wife is going to make or break your good time better include her in this , just a tip .

Last edited by TwiZted Biker; 08-31-2010 at 02:13 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 09:44 AM
Kenny94945
Stellar HDF Member
Received 382 Likes on 321 Posts

I have a thin Phantom pad.
Wife butt IS NOT comfortable.
The pad is good only for short rides from a bar to a hotel.

Old 08-31-2010, 10:02 AM
maryland blackout
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmmm, that's kinda what i was worried about. although my girl just rode on the back on a potholder for about a 30 min ride last night with no major complaints.... she's a trooper. Delmarva bike week is coming up and I think im going to see what they have available there for seat options before i make the decision. Kinda leaning toward the le pera bare bones pillion for day to day stuff and the two-up seat for longer rides

Old 08-31-2010, 10:25 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 57 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by maryland blackout
Does any of you have a removable passenger pad that you/your passenger have been happy with? I like my Bare Bones solo saddle but I like riding with my girl even better. Suggestions/pictures are appreciated.
I value my GF's butt... A LOT! (see avatar) So, I got a Sundowner seat and she's very comfortable, for the most part. We're planning on doing a some longer rides and I'm looking for a sheepskin for her to sit on. I have buddies with them and they say that they're really comfortable, cool in the summer, & warm in the winter.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:34 PM
red69camaro
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Something about a product named butt buddy just doesn't sound right.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:44 PM
vonzoog
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Changing from one seat to another is fast and no big deal. That was the way I use to do it. Recently got a Mustang Solo seat and rear seat for the wife. She loves it. I can remove it (and the backrest) in lest than a minute. Then I have just the solo seat for when I am riding alone and still have that nice street look.

Best of both worlds.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Doc Intrepid
Road Master
Location: In the Pacific Northwest, a few hours east of Seattle.
Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by maryland blackout
hmmm, that's kinda what i was worried about. although my girl just rode on the back on a potholder for about a 30 min ride last night with no major complaints.... she's a trooper. Delmarva bike week is coming up and I think im going to see what they have available there for seat options before i make the decision. Kinda leaning toward the le pera bare bones pillion for day to day stuff and the two-up seat for longer rides
+1

Suggest you take a look at a Mustang set-up. It will solve your issues nicely, I think.

It's a 2 part seat - a solo saddle, removeable backrest, and a pillion pad that connects to the solo saddle for when you're riding 2 up. The pillion pad is really comfortable, but when you remove it and slap on a luggage rack or something it looks great as a solo ride.

There was one for sale with photos in a recent thread by North Star, see post #17 for photos: (no clue if its still available or not)
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...-for-sale.html

Also this thread, see post #9 for pics:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...yone-pics.html

This combo works pretty well for both solo and 2-up riding, and the pillion pad has been pronounced comfortable by a very tough critic (my wife).

Worth your consideration...

Old 08-31-2010, 05:07 PM
hollowpoint
Elite HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Is her butt comfortable?

It was when I had her.

Quick Reply: Is her butt comfortable?