General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dyna Beads

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Inspector 12
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another thread had a link to a you tube video demonstrating the beads. It sold me on the concept. I will be putting them in the new aluminum wheels I bought for my Street Bob.

Old 11-26-2010, 06:45 AM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,157 Likes on 3,674 Posts

My bike was pretty smooth before but i feel it is smoother now with the beeds, specially 70 MPH...

Old 11-26-2010, 09:05 AM
olddude48
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I need to get out more! Never heard of Dyna beads! When I saw the post I thought it was some kind of spiritual beads you hang on your Dyna to keep bad chit from happening

Old 11-26-2010, 09:17 AM
BB4xl
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced both my tires this summer. Put Dyna beads in both. First I did the front. Had not tried Dyna beads before. I had them put them in. One of the smoothest front tires I have ever had. 1000 miles later I did the rear also went with the beads. 2500 miles later I have to say that I like them. Very smooth. Have had the bike up to 85+ and smooth as silk. I have had the same bike for 84,000 miles since new.

Old 11-26-2010, 09:49 AM
nrs2420
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by olddude48
I need to get out more! Never heard of Dyna beads! When I saw the post I thought it was some kind of spiritual beads you hang on your Dyna to keep bad chit from happening

First time I heard of them I thought it was something you stuck up your dyna's exhaust pipe.

Anyways, has anybody else had problems with the valve stems?

Old 11-26-2010, 09:52 AM
CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Dyna beads problem

TRIED BEADS AND SUCH A PROBLEM ON ONE TIRE GAVE UP. REMOVED THE STEM/CORE & AIR AS INSTRUCTED AND VERY SLOWLY ADDED BEADS AS ALMOST A SINGLE BEAD AT A TIME. GOT 3 OR 4 DOZEN BEADS INTO THE TIRE AND UNABLE TO GET MORE. RAN A THIN WIRE THRU THE STEM OK AND ADDED LITTLE AIR OK BUT THE BEADS WOULD FALL THROUGH. AFTER ABOUT 1/2 HOUR AND MAYBE 50 MORE BEADS GOT THROUGH, I GAVE UP. DID NOT TRY THE OTHER TIRE. DID NOT CONTACT THE COMPANY. FIGGURED I DIDN'T NEED THEM ANYHOW.

Old 11-26-2010, 10:02 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,011 Likes on 4,201 Posts
Default Info

Just for info. If it was me I would run then unbalanced before I put anything in that may get into valve which can happen any time you check the pressure after inserting it. I have run two sets with no weights on AL rims and they were fine. Its pretty amazing how close the quality new tires are. My original 21" spoke rim was what was off . My AL star needs no weights (I never run over 60 however and I stay pretty local in my old age now) Just for info.

Dunlop SAYS

It is essential tire/wheel assemblies be balanced before use and rebalanced each time the tire is removed or replaced. Unbalanced tire/wheel assemblies can vibrate at certain speeds, and tire wear will be greatly accelerated.

All Dunlop street tires should be installed with the yellow balance dot at the valve. Wheels may be balanced with spoke nipple weights, lead wire or self-adhesive rim weights. Consult the motorcycle manufacturer for approved wheel weights.

Dunlop does not recommend the use of dry or liquid balancers/sealers and will not warrant tires into which these materials have been injected. Tire and wheel assembly balance must be checked with a balance stand or computer wheel balancer

Old 11-26-2010, 10:09 AM
1badbagger
Road Warrior
Received 1,773 Likes on 468 Posts

POINTER:
When checking air pressure, make sure the valve stem is near the bottom, shoot a touch of air into the stem to dislodge any beads in the stem, check pressure, no problem, ever !

I need to order more today, anyone know of any promo codes in effect?

Last edited by 1badbagger; 11-26-2010 at 10:29 AM.
Old 11-26-2010, 01:12 PM
farmerstu
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CHOPPIN' CHARLIE
TRIED BEADS AND SUCH A PROBLEM ON ONE TIRE GAVE UP. REMOVED THE STEM/CORE & AIR AS INSTRUCTED AND VERY SLOWLY ADDED BEADS AS ALMOST A SINGLE BEAD AT A TIME. GOT 3 OR 4 DOZEN BEADS INTO THE TIRE AND UNABLE TO GET MORE. RAN A THIN WIRE THRU THE STEM OK AND ADDED LITTLE AIR OK BUT THE BEADS WOULD FALL THROUGH. AFTER ABOUT 1/2 HOUR AND MAYBE 50 MORE BEADS GOT THROUGH, I GAVE UP. DID NOT TRY THE OTHER TIRE. DID NOT CONTACT THE COMPANY. FIGGURED I DIDN'T NEED THEM ANYHOW.
they need to be vibrated in. an engraving tool against the valve stem will keep them flowing. I used a air powered gasket scraper buzzing against the stem. took about 3 or 4 min to put in 2 1/2 oz. .i'm still in test mode with them but after 4000 or so miles so far so good. also I didn't use dyna bead brand . I used counteract balancing beads I got form my tire wholesaler. they appear to be the same and four 3oz. packets were 12 bucks. should be available any place that does truck tires.

Old 11-26-2010, 01:17 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,157 Likes on 3,674 Posts

Originally Posted by 1badbagger
POINTER:
When checking air pressure, make sure the valve stem is near the bottom, shoot a touch of air into the stem to dislodge any beads in the stem, check pressure, no problem, ever !

I need to order more today, anyone know of any promo codes in effect?
http://www.innovativebalancing.com/motorcycle.htm

Quick Reply: Dyna Beads