General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Vacaville or Vallejo

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 07:21 PM
edilgdaor
Banned
Received 6,609 Likes on 3,879 Posts
Default Vacaville or Vallejo

I live in Napa, California. It looks like I'll be buying another bike soon.

I'm wondering if anyone around Vallejo or Vacaville have ever been inspired by either of the two dealers (or others in the area) to say anything either GOOD or BAD at one time or another. Most of the people around here that I talk to aren't overwhelming with any praise, but there doesn't seem to be any more than the usual negative grumbling , either. But I don't really know that many people around here that have really dealt with them much, compared to other dealers in the SF Bay area.

When I need a dealer, there are basically those two dealers I've done very much business with that are relatively close (somewhere around 25 miles). I've had mixed dealings with both of them, even when some of the people are actually trying hard. I DO appreciate their efforts, which brings me back. But both dealers have at one time or another caused me to wish I hadn't bought my bike from them and caused me to think that I might not want to buy the next bike from them at one time or another.

For the last couple of days, I've gone through the whole 'Good' dealer thread and have been working almost halfway through the 'Bad' Dealer thread. But I've been bumped on the head, and reading still causes me problems if I do it too long. The 'Search' function doesn't seem to work well with my bruised brain's attempts to get it to spit out bitches for accolades for the dealers in Vallejo or Napa, And I haven't seen much mention of either Vallejo or Vacaville on the 'Good' side (which might explain the lack of 'Search' results), but have seen more mentions of more appealing alternatives to those two that are a little farther away which I am definitely considering, like Cotati or Walnut Creek.

Anybody have any paticular good experiences or bitches that make you wanna say anything ? About the Motorcycle Dealers ?

Old 08-29-2010, 08:01 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,986 Likes on 17,897 Posts

Nothing to do with motorcycles and both those areas are to be trusted everybody is on the hustle new or used . Avoid them and drive some valley & foothill dealers will treat you better .Vac. & Vallej both are low rent man , real low rent .

Old 08-29-2010, 08:49 PM
Badger Matt
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Talk to Steve in sales at the HD dealer in Walnut Creek. I was treated fairly by him when I bought my last bike.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:06 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

isen`t that where the state mental hosp is, one more for walnut creek

Old 08-29-2010, 11:48 PM
edilgdaor
Banned

Originally Posted by wideglidebob
isen`t that where the state mental hosp is, one more for walnut creek
Ahhh, I remember the good 'ol days, before The Grape ruled supreme, when people knew Napa because of the funny farm. And yeah, that's where one of the state's State Hospitals is. The uppity Napa folk don't really want that gettting out much, anymore........

So, for the Walnut Creek guys- have you been to the dealers in Vallejo and/or Vacaville ?

Old 08-31-2010, 11:35 AM
edilgdaor
Banned

Is it possible that, with all of the bikes I see around here, that none of the people who bought their bikes in Vacaville or Vallejo (or have been in those dealerships) are on the internet ?

Yeah, I know, the weather's nice, and everybody is probably riding. But I'm not.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:42 PM
UltraClassicElectraGlide
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It's always best to try and buy locally due to potential service issues, so you do have two dealers to choose from; pick the one that gives you the best deal AND that you feel comfortable dealing with when back in the service department.

That said, I almost bought an '06 Ultra from the Vallejo store back in 2006. The key here is 'almost', since the salesperson was so insulting to me from start to finish. They had a white Ultra that I really wanted, but when my wife told me that she had never seen anyone treat us like this guy and yet I was going to write him a check for $24k? Reality check! Decided she was right and while those were the days that Harley salespeople could treat you like crap, I didn't have to accept it and buy there.

The salesperson called me three days later and said 'Just wanted to call you and let you know that I sold YOUR bike.' Told him thanks for calling but I bought MY bike two days ago. Click.

Old 08-31-2010, 12:51 PM
dennyo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,059 Likes on 633 Posts

Call Peninsula HD in redwood City ,
they will give you a Price out-the-door over the Phone
Up here in Jamestown
they are Wheelin and Dealin on New 09's & 10's

Old 09-01-2010, 01:06 PM
edilgdaor
Banned

Thanks, guys.

I've been to the Jamestown store, and I was impressed. I was just in that neighborhood a few weeks ago, too, after my bike got wrecked.

Old 09-01-2010, 03:53 PM
Finn111
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well first, I hope your OK after your incident. Next, if you don't mind driving, Santa Barbra HD is closing @ the end of the month, they might deal a little on a new Bike.