General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's one for the Books, I got a Parking Ticket Today

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 07:40 PM
Steve On 3
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 18 Posts

One of my riding buddies lost his left leg below the knee and S carolina recently went to HC plates for bikes after a long time. there aren't alot of them issued and he has had several LEOS motion for him to get out of the parking spot. He just grins, pos the leg off and waves it at them. Usually after an embarrassed grin, they come up and talk to him about it and don't make that mistake again.

MAybe the campus LEO was similarily unaware, maybe he didn't take the time to read the tag. Either way, the ticket was fixed and I'll bet there was some training and a lecture to the guys on duty. So you really helped educate a bunch of people.

One thing I Do hate is when the kids borrow Mom or Gramma's car and because it has a sticker or tag, they park in the HC space and jump out and RUN into the store.

Get a trike dud and extend your riding time. Good luck

Old 08-29-2010, 07:53 PM
Shaved Ice
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 46 Posts

Someone posted on the forums about a year ago that LEOs were not allowed to move your bike cover to get a license plate number and issue a ticket. I don't use one, but if you use a bike cover, I guess you can park wherever you want.

Old 08-29-2010, 09:25 PM
drbald1
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had a friend who rode a Sportster, and her ankle won't handle much walking. She had a handicapped sticker she hung on the bars and a plate to go with it.

More than once we'd ride somewhere and she'd park in the HC spot. I really liked to watch people's reactions change as she pulled the cane from it's holster down the front fork and limped into the store!

Old 08-29-2010, 09:56 PM
rentalguy1
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drbald1
Had a friend who rode a Sportster, and her ankle won't handle much walking. She had a handicapped sticker she hung on the bars and a plate to go with it.

More than once we'd ride somewhere and she'd park in the HC spot. I really liked to watch people's reactions change as she pulled the cane from it's holster down the front fork and limped into the store!
See if you can find out where she got the holster, please. I need one for my bike/cane, too, and haven't been able to find one.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:35 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

What about paying for a parking sticker that is required on any campus that I have been aware of? Also, parking in the stripped area is a violation. That Sgt. that tore the ticket up may not have been aware of that.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:42 PM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lh4x4
What about paying for a parking sticker that is required on any campus that I have been aware of? Also, parking in the stripped area is a violation. That Sgt. that tore the ticket up may not have been aware of that.

DUDE: Tags and University Stickers are paid for and current. The Ticket was given while I was Legally parked.
What part of that is so hard to understand.

The day before I was wrong, although like Y'all I did the Good ol' Boy/Country Club thing and asked the Officer who is a friend to handle it, he wrote the thing.

Old 08-30-2010, 02:11 AM
ultra big mac
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 08-30-2010, 03:20 AM
sparky1
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

WOW,a campus tuff cop,very impressive,as impressive as a mall cop,OH wait my mistake they only think that they,re cops,worked for a University in Chicago we had a couple of D##KHeads that sounded like you.