General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Here's one for the Books, I got a Parking Ticket Today

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 11:02 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

What part of "Handicapped Veteran" on his liscense plate do you NOT understand??

No wonder I hate fk'n cops.

~Joe

Old 08-28-2010, 11:24 PM
GeezerDude
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You see, I got one of those several days prior (parking in the white-line area), in-which I knew the LEO, he just did not realize the bike was mine, so he took care of it.
You say smart mouth because I laughed at the stupidity of it all. Well bottom line was deal with the ticket or I would have gone to court and pay the fine. Although at that point a class A law suite would have been initiated, if for no other reason than flagrant disregard to:
Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990
42 U.S.C. §§ 12101 et seq.
Implementing Regulations:
29 CFR Parts 1630, 1602 (Title I, EEOC)
28 CFR Part 35 (Title II, Department of Justice)
49 CFR Parts 27, 37, 38 (Title II, III, Department of Transportation)
28 CFR Part 36 (Title III, Department of Justice)
47 CFR §§ 64.601 et seq. (Title IV, FCC)
All righteous about your rights but God forbid you take responsibility when you break a law. Basically you just do whatever you want, because if you do wrong, you have a buddy to take care of it. If someone does you wrong, you'll throw a book at them. Someone made a mistake, just like you did the day before. How about you just "take care of it" by forgiving them?

Old 08-28-2010, 11:37 PM
monstead
Club Member
Location: Dallas, TX & Santa Fe, NM when I can find the time....
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jwlehman
Sore subject with me...OP aside, I feel as if the handicapped sticker issue is way out of hand. They pass them out way too easily. Seeing people hop out of their cars and walk up to the business they're parked in front of really irritates me.

I don't begrudge anyone who has a problem walking etc from getting a permit to park closer, but it seems as if they should just have a whole other parking lot for everyone else....or maybe put the handicapped parking lot in the back and shuttle them to the front door
Not handicapped here, but I do know there are often "unseen" issues that allow people to qualify for handicapped stickers. Just because someone doesn't have a blatant disability which affects their walking, doesn't mean they don't need to park in a convenient place. For one, someone who recently had undergone open heart surgery might warrant a temp sticker. Just sayin'

Old 08-28-2010, 11:47 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

How about if we get rid of the parking spaces and let everyone fend for themselves?

~Joe

Old 08-28-2010, 11:53 PM
Gonzy
Gonzy
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by RumRunner99
In MA, all commercial vehicles must have a commercial plate, if it is a custom (vanity), it still says commercial on the bottom of the plate. If you do not have one, then it is not considered a commercial vehicle, and of course any vehicle that can only be commercial due to weight or other restrictions can only have a commercial plate. Not sure how other states work....
Our plates in CA do not state commercial, the only exception is "livery" for limos. Commercial plates here have a different numbering sequence i.e., a number then a letter then 5 digits. See more facts of useless information for others who could give a chit!

Old 08-28-2010, 11:53 PM
RandyDowdy
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by traveler
How about if we get rid of the parking spaces and let everyone fend for themselves?

~Joe
Then the elderly and disabled wouldn't last very long. Some day, I want to be elderly, and I am almost disabled already.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:38 AM
SeniorChief56
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Coast Guard
Received 17,586 Likes on 5,093 Posts

I have never seen a bike in a "Handicapped Parking" space. And for the average Joe to see a bike in that space, usually makes one wonder, what is your disability? I'm sure your condition warrants you to park in those designated spaces. But what kinda irks me is you go stomping in the office demanding that the ticket be recinded without providing proof that you can park in that space. All you ad to do was show the nce lady your papers and I'm sure she would have taken care of the ticket.

Old 08-29-2010, 08:56 AM
Zap
Club Member

Originally Posted by SteveO-ll

I am ticketed for parking my bike in a Handicapped parking space, because they also ticket bikes for parking in those white-line (not to be confused with the blue-lined areas) next to the handicapped parking spaces. You see, I got one of those several days prior (parking in the white-line area), in-which I knew the LEO, he just did not realize the bike was mine, so he took care of it.
White or blue, No parking where there's hash
marks. End of debate.

Old 08-29-2010, 04:07 PM
rentalguy1
Banned

Originally Posted by jwlehman
Sore subject with me...OP aside, I feel as if the handicapped sticker issue is way out of hand. They pass them out way too easily. Seeing people hop out of their cars and walk up to the business they're parked in front of really irritates me.

I don't begrudge anyone who has a problem walking etc from getting a permit to park closer, but it seems as if they should just have a whole other parking lot for everyone else....or maybe put the handicapped parking lot in the back and shuttle them to the front door
I agree with you to a certain degree. It's almost as bad as seeing the fat dude in the electric cart at Wal Mart. FWIW, I don't park in HC spots unless I am having a really bad day. I pass them up so that others in worse condition can have them, even though they usually aren't worse, or even as bad. Hell, I count myself lucky to still be able to walk at all, much less ride. My right leg is already dead, and my left one is going. That's why I went ahead and bought a bike. I know that I will not be able to ride (or possibly walk) ever again in a few years.

Sorry to the OP...went a little off topic.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:25 PM
Cabocarl
Tourer

Originally Posted by rentalguy1
I agree with you to a certain degree. It's almost as bad as seeing the fat dude in the electric cart at Wal Mart. FWIW, I don't park in HC spots unless I am having a really bad day. I pass them up so that others in worse condition can have them, even though they usually aren't worse, or even as bad. Hell, I count myself lucky to still be able to walk at all, much less ride. My right leg is already dead, and my left one is going. That's why I went ahead and bought a bike. I know that I will not be able to ride (or possibly walk) ever again in a few years.

Sorry to the OP...went a little off topic.
Real sorry to hear this. Hope a trike would be next so you can continue to enjoy riding.

Quick Reply: Here's one for the Books, I got a Parking Ticket Today