General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sheep In Wolf's Clothing

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 05:18 PM
Tactical111
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink Ok!!

Personally couldn't give a shat. Not my business. Does it have two wheels? Cool. Poor man's HD? Oh, well. Another possibility; Dumb attractive blond; "Gee, is that a Harley?" Metric Poser; "Why yes little lady it sure is! Wanna go for a ride?" Dumb blond; "Ok."

Old 08-27-2010, 05:21 PM
sugartastic
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for real? no emblems? CRAZY!

Old 08-27-2010, 05:24 PM
Tactical111
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Smile Got er done!!

Originally Posted by sugartastic
for real? no emblems? CRAZY!

Now thet thar's funny...I don't care who ya are.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:55 PM
Deadbroke_bootleg
Tourer

Same reason why people take off the harley emblems, who cares.

Old 08-28-2010, 03:21 AM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

As was said earlier - it doesn't matter WHAT you ride, only THAT you ride!

Different strokes, I guess... some people like the clean look while others like to fly emblems. Bertha has very few H-D logos on her - not by design, it just turned out that way. She does have those HUGE '53-'56 style metal emblems on the tank that were there when I bought her... but if I were going to have the tank repainted, I'd take them off and have the mounting holes filled so I would have a perfectly smooth black tank. I like the look of that, but I don't really mind the emblems either. Just doesn't really matter that much to me...

But you can tell a Jap bike or a Victory from a Harley just by glancing at it. The shape of the fairings, fenders, tanks, saddlebags, etc. are entirely different. And the engines are, too. Everything is very different between Harley and any other make.

And as IronButt said... anyone who would care about the difference, would already know the difference anyway!

Old 08-28-2010, 06:36 AM
pmroadie
2nd Gear

LOL who's the posers? H-D shops look like a wal-mart on roids selling teddy bears GG . But to make fun of another mans bike ( I don't care if it's pt50 ) I know who the poser is here. H#ll H-D s building Ford trucks now....LOL Ride what ya got and mind your own.
As was said earlier - it doesn't matter WHAT you ride, only THAT you ride!

Old 08-28-2010, 07:37 AM
Shag67
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Trying to disguise them? hahaha! They're probably just cleaning up the look. I strongly considered removing the tank emblems on my Street Bob the day I bought it and still toss the idea around from time to time. It's highly likely that both of those bikes cost less than your Harley, look just as good or better in their own way, and would smoke your Harley in a straight line or in the twisties so maybe it's best to just get over it and live and let live like someone else already said. Cracks me up the attitude some riders get over their bikes. Harley guys, BMW guys, metric guys, etc. Whutevah! Just ride the damn thing.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:04 AM
rivercityslim
Road Master
Received 46 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by pmroadie
LOL who's the posers? H-D shops look like a wal-mart on roids selling teddy bears GG . But to make fun of another mans bike
FWIW, I don't think I used the term 'poser' nor was I trying to make fun of them. I simply don't understand the mindset. I was curious about what kind of bikes they were and when I took a look I realized that they were not identifiable. This led me to wonder why, so I posted it here to 'stimulate discussion'.

It's highly likely that both of those bikes cost less than your Harley, look just as good or better in their own way, and would smoke your Harley in a straight line or in the twisties
You know what? I truly don't give a **** what anyone rides or even if they ride. I don't care whose bike is faster or cost more or any of that other bullshit. My bike is my bike because I like it, and I don't care what anybody else thinks about it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who look at mine and dismiss it as an old garbage barge. I am just always curious about motorcycles that I see, and can never walk past a parked bike without checking it out at least a little. Obviously some bikes are more interesting than others, and this particular morning these two Jap cruisers sparked some curiosity.

Last edited by rivercityslim; 08-28-2010 at 10:13 AM.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:56 AM
NorthGeorgiaHawg
Club Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by rivercityslim
My bike is my bike because I like it, and I don't care what anybody else thinks about it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who look at mine and dismiss it as an old garbage barge.
I think your bike looks great... I'd ride it with pride!

Old 08-28-2010, 12:40 PM
Shag67
Road Master
Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by rivercityslim
You know what? I truly don't give a **** what anyone rides or even if they ride. I don't care whose bike is faster or cost more or any of that other bullshit. My bike is my bike because I like it, and I don't care what anybody else thinks about it. I'm sure there are plenty of people who look at mine and dismiss it as an old garbage barge. I am just always curious about motorcycles that I see, and can never walk past a parked bike without checking it out at least a little. Obviously some bikes are more interesting than others, and this particular morning these two Jap cruisers sparked some curiosity.
For someone who doesn't give a **** you sure are defensive.

Quick Reply: Sheep In Wolf's Clothing