Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather,Leather and more leather

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 11:42 AM
smittypac
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leather,Leather and more leather

I have made up my mind to get a new jacket. I am sure this topic has been beaten to death. I have checked Langlitz, Lost worlds, Schott, Fox Creek, Legendary, the list goes on. I researched cowhide, goatskin, horsehide, buffalo hide. Been on multiple forums. The last time I did this much research was for my masters degree. I am leaning towards the Legendary horsehide, but the Lost Worlds is a work of art. Bottom line: which jacket?? If price is no object..(although it is for me) Maybe I should just get a textile jacket or one of those green suits I see alot on the ADV rider forum...

Old 08-25-2010, 11:47 AM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

All this for a jacket ????? .... It ain't about how you look but how you feel ..... just get a jacket and ride ..... cant believe this post !!

Last edited by skulltrainharley; 08-25-2010 at 11:52 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:56 AM
harleyriv
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Go into a leather store blindfolded and pick the first jacket that fits.....make sure your'e in the guy's section....

Old 08-25-2010, 11:57 AM
smittypac
Cruiser

Originally Posted by skulltrainharley
All this for a jacket ????? .... It ain't about how you look but how you feel ..... just get a jacket and ride ..... cant believe this post !!
I never said it was about how I look. It was an honest post regarding leather jackets, function, fit, durability etc. Maybe you shouldn't have answered azzhat.

knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I just bought from leatherup.com and I couldn't be happier with the quality and the price was unbeatable.

You're in a price neighborhood that I wouldn't visit but that's up to you.

Don't pay any mind to anyone telling you looks aren't important...if it's important to you ...it's important

casper gomez
Tourer

i got the legendary horsehide. love it. schott makes them for legendary. i am wearing it my sig picture. top notch for sure.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:01 PM
HillBilly73
Tourer

Originally Posted by smittypac
I have made up my mind to get a new jacket. I am sure this topic has been beaten to death. I have checked Langlitz, Lost worlds, Schott, Fox Creek, Legendary, the list goes on. I researched cowhide, goatskin, horsehide, buffalo hide. Been on multiple forums. The last time I did this much research was for my masters degree. I am leaning towards the Legendary horsehide, but the Lost Worlds is a work of art. Bottom line: which jacket?? If price is no object..(although it is for me) Maybe I should just get a textile jacket or one of those green suits I see alot on the ADV rider forum...

you want high quality made in the USA get this.
http://www.hardcorebikersupplies.com/JACKET.html

Old 08-25-2010, 12:03 PM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

wouldn't weather leather if you paid me. there are better materials today. it was great back in the day. looks kinda fruity now.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:03 PM
mrmarklin
Road Warrior
Received 90 Likes on 45 Posts

As with most things in life, jackets are personal. Get thee hence to a Harley (or MC store of your choice) store, and try on the various types of jackets for fit and feel. There are a lot of varieties, and I can't see buying on the internet because of the personal nature of the purchase.

I personally use Harley FXRG. Great quality, but not cheap.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:05 PM
ROMPUS
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by knewt5
I just bought from leatherup.com and I couldn't be happier with the quality and the price was unbeatable.

You're in a price neighborhood that I wouldn't visit but that's up to you.

Don't pay any mind to anyone telling you looks aren't important...if it's important to you ...it's important
looking at one their myself,saw one at work.Heavy and made well about 130$.I don't need to spend alot of $ because it will get abused.Go to site their is alot to choose from

Quick Reply: Leather,Leather and more leather