Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leather,Leather and more leather

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 12:05 PM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

smittypac .... It's a leather jacket ..... Get over yourself !!!!!

Last edited by skulltrainharley; 08-25-2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:09 PM
bikerlaw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 487 Likes on 355 Posts

Originally Posted by casper gomez
i got the legendary horsehide. love it. schott makes them for legendary. i am wearing it my sig picture. top notch for sure.
If you want the best there is, horsehide is pretty much it. But theres considerable break in time. They are NOT the creampuff nonsense the dealers sell. They come stiff and thick and you have to wear them in over an extended period of time. But they last forever, offer outstanding protection and are warm. If you just want a good leather that feels great the moment you put it on, try fox creek. Their stuff is pretty impressive.

Old 08-25-2010, 12:58 PM
Joe Diver
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I want a Schott Perfecto...One Star....really bad. It's just not in the budget right now.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:04 PM
justjohn
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Go to the HD dealer and get the book, Harley's Guide to being a RUB, its $149.99 there rf $19.95 at Amazon.

That will help you.

Old 08-25-2010, 01:05 PM
justjohn
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Get what you can afford and fits the best, or it becomes a fashion statement, your call

Last edited by justjohn; 08-25-2010 at 01:07 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:20 PM
casper gomez
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bikerlaw
If you want the best there is, horsehide is pretty much it. But theres considerable break in time. They come stiff and thick and you have to wear them in over an extended period of time.
very true. also the horsehide (at least the one i got) has extremely tight grain, and sheds rain very well. i have used the picards conditioner on it and it beads water like a rainjacket almost.

one thing that tends to get overlooked: if a jacket fits you- i mean really fits, including the waist and sleeves, you got something. if i had the coin i would surely go for a langlitz for this reason.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:03 PM
scooter1128
Road Captain

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts

though i dont have one, i have heard great things on the fox creek leather jackets. i have a harley leather jacket and love it. imo good leather will proly be a bit pricey.

Old 08-25-2010, 02:26 PM
FLST rider
Cruiser

+1 on leatherup. I got the buffalo leather jacket years back and am very happy with it. When you buy on line just make sure you understand the return policies, I returned mine for a different size and there was no fuss made at all.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:13 PM
wideglidebob
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i have the lanquist, goat, over 1000 bucks have had it 5 yrs, they have used one`s for around 5-6hundred i can ride thru a rainstorm and not know it, it looks new, i am always being asked did you just buy that, its the kinda jacket that will be passed on for generations, and it it really custom made to you not the masses

Old 08-25-2010, 07:23 PM
bjryman
Tourer

Last year I tried on the three piece Harley fabric jacket....and put away my leather. The fabric jacket has a waterproof, windproof removal liner, the medium weight vented jacket with lightweight CE armor and the best thing: A heavy reversible Harley vest that creates a really warm combination...or cool combination.

The vest reverses to bright orange with a HD logo on back....excellent visual on the cold fall mornings at 5:30 am riding to work in the dark. Also, fantastic for layering during the time of year where mornings start out at 50 degrees and afternoons rise to 80 degrees.

I'll occasionally go back to my leather for "the look", but for fit and function, the three piece fabric is just great

Quick Reply: Leather,Leather and more leather