General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Took the Toyhauler to a Rally

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 09:17 AM
shiftharder
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by overhead
Would you happen to have a list of what "real" HD owners do and what they don't do? I seemed to have misplaced mine and I certainly don't want to break the rules.
Don`t have the rule book in front of me but I do remember something about trashing HD rides was in there.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:08 AM
justjohn
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by shiftharder
The truth comes out - real HD owners don`t trash other HD rides - this guy is a wannabe with a metric.
You must be living under a rock, on this forum just about everything gets trashed atleast one time.

"real HD owners" now thats sounds just like a real "POSER", post some pictures of you on your real bike, on your real trailer, outside of Starbucks.

Old 08-27-2010, 10:10 AM
overhead
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Ah, must have been an amendment I missed. I could have sworn playfully making fun of other people's rides was OK. Was not making playfully making fun of people that trailer their bikes also added to the list? I hope they add not making fun of helmets, a buddy of mine constantly rags on my silly helmet and it is starting to hurt my feelings. It would be cool if I could just rip out the rule book and tell him he needed to stop. Of course then I would probably also have to stop making fun of his chaps. Damn, this is going to make all those weekend morning trips for breakfast really boring, and what the hell am I going to talk about while I stand in front of the dealership?

Old 08-27-2010, 11:23 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by TerryFXST
Huh? What the hell is that supposed to mean?
I thought it was obvious to the most casual observer....
It means that if money was our only criteria when choosing which motorcycle to ride none of us would be on a Harley. There are a dozen metric cruisers out there available for about 70% of a Harley's price. All have 2 wheels, many are just as big, some are even pretty good looking (Though not as good looking as my bike).
Low price is not why anyone choses a HD!

Old 08-27-2010, 11:24 AM
gunner11
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok, all you bikers meet at Starbucks at 3:30

Old 08-27-2010, 11:34 AM
TerryFXST
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
Low price is not why anyone choses a HD!
Just because I spent $7800 on the bike I've wanted since high school (an old *** Softail) doesn't mean I have money to burn. Your comment is just retarded.

Old 08-27-2010, 11:57 AM
wingnutks
Advanced

Originally Posted by TerryFXST
Just because I spent $7800 on the bike I've wanted since high school (an old *** Softail) doesn't mean I have money to burn. Your comment is just retarded.
I think his comment is pretty right on, like it or not.

As for the HD guys getting on other HD for trailering there bikes... lol. Whatever man, let it roll off you back. I was once at a rest stop with my Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R race bike on a trailer... and a HD walked by and said "if you ever see my bike on a trailer, its stolen", lol. It is a race bike! It had no lights, no plate, and race slicks... lol. But I guess you got to ride everywhere, no excuses.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:06 PM
BlueNoser
Tourer

Originally Posted by CRF

Oh; and as far as cost goes..... a cheap toyhauler is what? $25K? Truck to haul it with is another $25K...... that works out to about 36 years of 2 week holidays in $100 ....)
Sell your $25,000 HD and buy a $5000 scooter. YOu can add $20,000 more for motels. Great logic.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:16 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by PFWiz
If this was about money most of us wouldn't be riding Harleys!
I agree; it's an expensive endevour. That part of my post was just in reference to an earlier post that mentioned that one of the benefits of trailering/rv'ing was that you didn't have to spend $100/night on a hotel room. I was just trying to point out the flaws in that line of thinking. If you factor in all of the costs of ownership, operation, maintenance, insurance, site fees etc. then rv'ing is actually far more expensive than staying in the best hotels wherever you go. That's not to say that there is anything wrong with rv's or the people who enjoy travelling in them it's just that the cost argument is bogus. If you are into RV'ing/Trailering I presume you do it because it is a lifestyle choice you've made and that you prefer to stay in campgrounds with your own stuff than check into a hotel. That's cool; to each his own.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:27 PM
Tony P
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 350 Likes on 217 Posts

I have a bud who bought one of thsoe enclosed trailers, then installed an RV A/C unit on top. It hauls his bike and gives him a place to sleep and pack tons of stuff. I was bit envious...

Quick Reply: Took the Toyhauler to a Rally