Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Investors Sue Harley-Davidson

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2005, 11:33 PM
Wolf
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Investors Sue Harley-Davidson

Yep, Jezcruzen, it pisses me off too about the pricing on the retail end of the distribution chain. Quick to raise prices but slow to lower. Why do they do it...because they can.

Of course the oil companies will make higher profits. My company raises prices every chance we get and I'm the one that makes the decision. What we manufacture is in demand right now and we are charging list prices which are going up, therefore, we will make more money this year. Greed is wanting something for nothing, selfishness is looking out for one's best interests by smart and hard work. It also pisses me off that some people don't understand the difference. Our competition will be the final equalizer if they wise up.

It will take a true catastrophe for this country and Joe Citizen to understand such a simple thing as what we're going through with fuel costs IMHO.

Oh well, I sure had a nice ride after work today as I will this weekend....after the honey do's. I'm thankful for both the honey and the gasoline for my machines!

ORIGINAL: Jezcruzen

I believe that there are five refinerys currently in operation within the U.S., mostly in the gulf area. One has experienced a number of dire safety violations over the past several years, including the fire that you pointed out.

Yes, you are indeed correct in your statements regarding the lack of refining capability in the U.S. That does not change the fact that big oil is raking in the dough! It will be interesting to note the profit margins once published. But, like you correctly pointed out - supply and demand. Honestly, I would rather pay higher prices than to not have a supply, or to have it rationed as was once done back in 1973.

Nonetheless, it pisses me off! It especially irks me to see local retailers rush out and increase the price at the pump almost immediately after a crude oil increase is announced when they certainly didn't pay increased prices themselves for the gasoline sitting in the storage tanks already refined and delivered. They are not near as quick to lower the price if a decrease in crude oil prices is announced!

Then there is the auto industry and the new hybred cars - guess what sort of price they ask for those?

It seems like a feeding frenzy by sharks and we - the consumer - are the food.