General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another cell phone rant!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 05:02 AM
HDMarkyB
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bullsh*t!!!

And no Iron..I practice what I preach. Call or txt me while i'm driving and you will wait until i'm parked somewhere or home. I drive a 1950 lb. Tercel and don't feel comfortable farking around with my phone while driving, let alone a monster pick up/SUV. So you know what you can do with your 'we all do it crap'. I USED too but not no mo...

Old 08-25-2010, 05:12 AM
Redmondp
Tourer

I agree, cell phones are a problem but, the number one cause of crashes is food, yeah, that's right, FOOD. Drinking coffee, water, soda, eating burgers, wings, buttered rolls. What really needs to be done is close down all the drive thru's and take your lazy, fat asses inside and enjoy your meal. Look it up if your a nay sayer.

Old 08-25-2010, 05:56 AM
SteveO-ll
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is known in the Therapeutic world as "CrackBerry" and is one of the new (other) addictions. I won't go into detail but last semester I wrote a twenty page paper on it for our Psych department at the University. I absolutely hate these things (even if they might be a necessary evil in todays society). Yes I have one, although it stays in my saddle bag for emergencies, and is turned off unless I need it.

Old 08-25-2010, 09:38 AM
nytryder
Elite HDF Member
Received 297 Likes on 177 Posts

Pay attention. It may help.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:04 PM
Darkrider1
Cruiser

Rickr01. Ive been riding a little longer than 30 yrs and I didn't say I was doing 70 or that I "Kicked in his door!" It was in a construction zone at 5pm so at most It was 40 and i kicked his door hard enough he heard me. And I'm sorry you lack enough coordination to balance your bike in emergency conditions! Mayby u should trade to a trike so you don't have to worry about your balance!!!

Last edited by Darkrider1; 08-25-2010 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:21 PM
Crusing
Road Captain

Originally Posted by Darkrider1
Was homeward bound from work here in Sw Missouri, on US65 south, Had an idiot come blowing across two laners of traffic right up beside me in the passing lane, Thought for sure this jerk was gonna spread me all over the divider wall!! He finally notices me AFTER I Kicked the side of his car!! Guess what ? He still had the damn cell phone glued to his ear.!!
IMHO cell phones have caused accidents to go up exponentially.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:12 AM
HDMarkyB
Road Captain

Problem is..(at least here in NYS) that 'they' want to fry the 'bigger fish'. You know,the person who worked all day and MAY stop for a beer or two?? They could care less about cell phone use-I watch people drive right by them with phone to ear. BUT. When that weekend comes-rest assured these ****** will be sitting across the street from a bar or American Legion(my case) and just lie in wait. I'm not advocating or supporting to go ride your bike and drink like a fish BUT I think milking a beer or two over a couple of hours is WAY less dangerous than a bimbo on her phone behind me in a giant SUV! And as far as watching these bimbo's pump gas while ON their cell phones? I finally lost it and lit into one. Told her 'if ya wanna blow yerself up thats cool but you could take out EVERYBODY here and the store to boot!' Wanna guess the response? Yup-flipped off and stayed on her precious call. I believe I called her a...rhymes with ' fizzy bunt??' Didn't matter but i felt better! To me that's the same as filling a gas can while smoking. One spark and *POOF*. I sold cell phones for years and KNOW batteries can spark or short out-especially if you're holding it against your shoulder while pumping gas and DROP IT! OK....I'm good for now...Thanks for listening!

Last edited by HDMarkyB; 08-30-2010 at 06:19 AM. Reason: idiocy...
Old 08-30-2010, 09:17 AM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,359 Likes on 2,537 Posts

Originally Posted by harleyriv

a. be dissabled whilst it is moving above a certain speed. (gps must be visible or phone locks)

because not everyone using the phone in a vehicle is the driver (and then what about mass transit?). if i'm driving and my phone rings, the wife answers it.

i don't agree with using the phone while driving, but disabling all phones that are moving over a certain mph is not the answer.....

Last edited by skratch; 08-30-2010 at 09:19 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 09:39 AM
Mikey8717
Cruiser

always put those kinda drivers behind you speed if you have to lol.

Old 08-30-2010, 11:15 AM
WRAITH
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here in British Columbia, the use of all hand held devices (cell phones, gps,mp3 players and laptop pcs) is band from being used by the operator of a motor vehicle. You can use a blue tooth or wired head set while driving. Fines for violating the law average $170. When they started enforcement, cagers stopped talking while driving. 2 months after, people started using hand held again, not afraid of getting caught. I don't understand why people won't buy head sets. A decent Blue Tooth starts around 40 bucks and can save you a large fine, maybe someones life. What really scares me is when I see fellow riders using hand held devices while riding. I was beside a group of riders on a major freeway. A rider way playing with his GPS (not paying attention) and crossed into my lane. He apologized for almost hitting me, I ripped him for no paying attention. Fines for using HH when operating a motor vehicle should be $500 +. If you cause an accident your license should be suspended.