General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Brighter tail light?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 02:22 PM
dfndr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brighter tail light?

Anyone using the Kuryakyn Super Bright Pulsating Taillight? I was wondering how bright the halogen bulb in it was compared to stock bulb? There's always the BRIGHT *** TAILLIGHT-which is really bright but much more expensive than this one.

Is the "blinking" feature more annoying than useful? Thanks

Old 08-23-2010, 08:44 PM
Rockyriver
Road Master
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had the pulsating Kuryakn bulb, its really not that much brighter than a good 1157 or 2057 bulb. I placed the bulb in my wifes bike, and I got so annoyed by it every time she rode in front of me, that I removed it. It almost hypnotizes you every time she hits the brake and I take my eyes off the road and look at the flashing light, which is dangerous in my opinion.
I don't know what type of rear light (or bike) you have, but look into the Kuryakyn LED tail lights for your bike, Thats what I went too and I love it.
If you want, I will send you the Kuryakyn bulb housing (I paid $40.00 on ebay for it) free for you to try, however you will need a G4 replacement halogen bulb for it. Let me know and I will find it and send it too you free for the bulb housing if you pay postage. Below is a link to a replacement bulb. See also the picture below of the bulb and housing I am mentioning of.

http://doitbest.com/Halogen+bulbs-We...sku-530654.dib

X

Attached Thumbnails Brighter tail light?-kuryakyn-bulb.jpg  

Last edited by Rockyriver; 08-23-2010 at 08:52 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:38 PM
jberg
Road Warrior
Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Brightasslights is worth every penny.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Rockymtnglide
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bought brightasslights tail light last year after almost getting rear ended
. Hands down the best improvement I've made.

Old 08-24-2010, 06:46 AM
hojones
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockymtnglide
Bought brightasslights tail light last year after almost getting rear ended
. Hands down the best improvement I've made.
+1 on BAL

Old 08-24-2010, 07:28 AM
k1768
Cruiser

+1 on BAL. You can also change the intensity and patterns. Should be standard on all bikes.

Old 08-24-2010, 10:04 AM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with HD brand led tail light. Plenty bright and I am not a fan of Kuri---the few things I have got from them are showing age quicker then I thought they should. JMO

Old 08-24-2010, 10:48 AM
fdh161
Supporter
Received 193 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by oldairboater
I went with HD brand led tail light. Plenty bright and I am not a fan of Kuri---the few things I have got from them are showing age quicker then I thought they should. JMO
+1 on the HD LED tail light. Combined that with the kit that converts rear turn signals into running lights, and it's a pretty bright set up now. Definitely gets your attention when the brakes are applied.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:11 AM
AnotherBlackSG
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 54 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Rockyriver
I had the pulsating Kuryakn bulb, its really not that much brighter than a good 1157 or 2057 bulb. I placed the bulb in my wifes bike, and I got so annoyed by it every time she rode in front of me, that I removed it. It almost hypnotizes you every time she hits the brake and I take my eyes off the road and look at the flashing light, which is dangerous in my opinion.
I'm pretty sure that that's the idea of having it. The object is to make the bike more visible/noticeable and to not blend in with the traffic. I have a similar model on my bike except that the lights actually rotate back & forth when in normal driving mode (flash 8 or 10 times when brakes are applied). Some people who ride with me say it's obnoxious as hell, but that it does make the bike very noticeable & hard to miss, especially at night. So IMO, that's a good thing! I'd much rather have a cage pulling up behind me saying to himself "what the hell is that", as opposed to not seeing me at all.

Old 08-24-2010, 12:17 PM
DinoVelvet
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by k1768
+1 on BAL. You can also change the intensity and patterns. Should be standard on all bikes.
oh hell yeah I'll agree

Quick Reply: Brighter tail light?