General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2,000+ mile trip through New England.

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2010, 01:27 PM
jlandis874
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks trafficjams, that is very helpful.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:33 PM
jlandis874
Cruiser

Is Warrens Lobster House the place to get lobster or would you recomend another place?

Old 08-22-2010, 02:49 PM
trafficjams
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jlandis874
Is Warrens Lobster House the place to get lobster or would you recomend another place?
Never had whole lobster at Warrens, but other menu items including a great salad bar. I think if I had to pick a "one and only" place to get lobster on the New England seacost, it would be Kens Place in Old Orchard Beach Maine. I don't think you can go wrong there. I've ate there many times while staying at Old Orchard Beach. It is located on Rte 9 a few miles from Rte 1. I'll put it on the map for you. Markeys in Seabrook NH is also good and that is already on the map.

EDIT ADD... About Kens Place... As I recall though, they do not offer a broiled lobster if that's what you are interested in... only steamed. But as I remember there is another place in OOB called The Lobster Claw which offers both on the menu.

Last edited by trafficjams; 08-22-2010 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Add info
Old 08-22-2010, 04:38 PM
jlandis874
Cruiser

Originally Posted by trafficjams
Never had whole lobster at Warrens, but other menu items including a great salad bar. I think if I had to pick a "one and only" place to get lobster on the New England seacost, it would be Kens Place in Old Orchard Beach Maine. I don't think you can go wrong there. I've ate there many times while staying at Old Orchard Beach. It is located on Rte 9 a few miles from Rte 1. I'll put it on the map for you. Markeys in Seabrook NH is also good and that is already on the map.

EDIT ADD... About Kens Place... As I recall though, they do not offer a broiled lobster if that's what you are interested in... only steamed. But as I remember there is another place in OOB called The Lobster Claw which offers both on the menu.
I really appreciate the info. 2 things I want out of Maine on this trip, 1: Good scenery/riding 2: Good seafood, sounds like I'll get both. Thank you.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:15 PM
PhoenixRising01
Intermediate

When leaving Vt. to go to N.Y. State, take the ferry from Burlington - nice ride.
Or, Route 9 in Vermont from Brattelboro to N.Y., where it becomes Rt. 7, and goes into Troy, just N. of Albany. From there you'll have a large choice of routes to take.

Old 08-22-2010, 05:25 PM
Artlee
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/Reviews/209/moodys

http://www.roadfood.com/Restaurant/R...2959/reds-eats

There's a couple for you, north of OOB. And right beside the road Rt1, though somewhat close together.

Old 08-23-2010, 09:37 AM
doctorharrison
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's Route 169 in Connecticut, running north/south in eastern part of the state, and is a designated American Scenic Highway. In Pomfret is the Vanilla Bean Cafe, a nice lunch break.

Route 100 runs north/south thru western Vermont through the Green Mountains.

Route 1A parallels the Maine coast thru Oqunquit and Kennebunkport and as previously mentioned, runs much further north thru Camden, Acadia, Bar Harbor.

Route 9 runs east/west thru the southern third of Massachusetts and is very pretty as long as you're in the section west of Worcester.

Routes 6 and 6A run out to Provincetown on the tip of Cape Cod - avoid weekends!

Enjoy and Ride Safe.

Old 08-23-2010, 10:56 AM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I highly recommend West Point, NY. Where the school is, the views are awesome, and so much history and tradition there, beautiful place.

Old 08-23-2010, 11:59 AM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As others have mentioned...in NH do not miss riding through the White Mountains

Dawg

Old 08-23-2010, 12:05 PM
DGDeuce
Club Member
Received 5,774 Likes on 2,337 Posts

I was going to mention Adirondack Mountains but, there's plenty in ME, NH, and VT. So I'll just say if your near Syracuse, N.Y. eat at Dinosaur Barbecue.

Quick Reply: 2,000+ mile trip through New England.