Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cheap H-D parts?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2010, 09:05 PM
phrogflyer
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cheap H-D parts?

well, ain't none of them cheap, but does anyone know of a dealership that's usually cheaper than the others for H-D parts and accessories?
someone mentioned Chicago Harley to me once. any truth to this or was it wrong info?

Old 08-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Notgrownup
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 7,064 Likes on 3,631 Posts

What about Zanotti's ??? I have never used them but see that a lot...

Old 08-21-2010, 09:13 PM
Other Sheep
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Chicago. Zanotti. Check the Thunder Press every month and there's usually as ad from one of the dealers offering discounts, but none are cheap.

Old 08-21-2010, 09:20 PM
Mal74
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Chicago's discount doesn't show up till you click on 'buy' but you're not commited to buy it then.

I tried Zanotti's once and their internet service isn't user friendly, or I'm a dumbass, one or the other.

KISS

Old 08-21-2010, 10:15 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,335 Likes on 2,527 Posts

Originally Posted by Mal74
Chicago's discount doesn't show up till you click on 'buy' but you're not commited to buy it then.

I tried Zanotti's once and their internet service isn't user friendly, or I'm a dumbass, one or the other.

KISS

yeah, you're a dumbass...... j/k dude.... the first couple of times using zanotti's site can be a little daunting. its easier to just bookmark the shopping cart/price check page Parts Look Up

for future reference, they also discount drag specialties items, just change the 'harley' in the box under search for a part to aftermarket......

Old 08-22-2010, 03:01 AM
FLUltrarider
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Complete dichotomy of terms...

Old 08-22-2010, 04:11 AM
DMJFatboy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I only use Zanotti's for on-line purchases. I have never had a problem and I live overseas. I think shipping times would be a lot quicker stateside. I am moving back to delaware in sept and will continue to use them.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:38 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 48,973 Likes on 17,895 Posts

Two words that will never belong in the same sentence when dealing with a Harley are " Cheap & Dealer " ..................

Old 08-22-2010, 04:42 AM
HoggyMtnBreakdown
Elite HDF Member
Received 121 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by DMJFatboy
I only use Zanotti's for on-line purchases. I have never had a problem and I live overseas. I think shipping times would be a lot quicker stateside. I am moving back to delaware in sept and will continue to use them.
Don't you find Zanotti's shipping to be a bit high? I was using them for just about everything until lately, when it seems their international shipping prices skyrocketed. They quoted me $60 to ship a set of Lyndall brake pads (front & rear). I called them on it, but they said that's the price, so I went elsewhere. Dr. VTwin quoted me $40 which is better, but Eric at HD Pipes said he could get them to me for $15. Needless to say, I do just about everything through Eric now. The price for the actual pads was about the same at all three places.

Old 08-22-2010, 04:58 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Zanotti's has been my favorite so far, but I am not international, US rates seem to be average.

Web site for checking orders once placed is a bit cryptic but once I called and they explained the system it made sense. If you are in a hurry though you would need to call and see if part is in stock or they are ordering it then shipping.

I order high-cost items from them (aren't they all ) so was willing to wait a couple of weeks.

Quick Reply: Cheap H-D parts?