General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help with running problem's

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 02:43 AM
BIG DAZ
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help with running problem's

Hi peep's, I own an 07 Nightster that has developed a running problem. Im just wondering if anyone else has the same symtom's. The bike idle's perfectly and accelerate's fine, but when travelling along at a steady speed, it start's missing. I only noticed this happening after a recent ECM update which Harley installed as part of an anual service. I took the bike back and explained the problem, so they gave it a diagnostic check which revealed that the boost was low (whatever that meen's) and that they had re set it, test rode it and that the bike was fine. Well the problem is still there and the bike has only done 2500 miles. I put new plug's in incase one was faulty but this changed nothing. Has anyone else had the same problem..atb...Daz

Old 08-19-2010, 03:08 AM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BIG DAZ
Hi peep's, I own an 07 Nightster that has developed a running problem. Im just wondering if anyone else has the same symtom's. The bike idle's perfectly and accelerate's fine, but when travelling along at a steady speed, it start's missing. I only noticed this happening after a recent ECM update which Harley installed as part of an anual service. I took the bike back and explained the problem, so they gave it a diagnostic check which revealed that the boost was low (whatever that meen's) and that they had re set it, test rode it and that the bike was fine. Well the problem is still there and the bike has only done 2500 miles. I put new plug's in incase one was faulty but this changed nothing. Has anyone else had the same problem..atb...Daz
I think you answered your own question, I would take it back and have them sort it out

Old 08-19-2010, 07:21 AM
FastHoss
Elite HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 26 Posts

The 07 I had,had quite a few issues.The biggest problem was relays that would go bad and bike would quit dead cold.The other and it is a biggie,the fuse box is designed so that water runs down the wires right in and corrodes the hell out of everything in there.They could'nt get rid of the pinging issues it had either.I traded it off.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:16 AM
BIG DAZ
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So basically they are **** then.