General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who likes Foremost Insurance ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 09:25 PM
JerryL....
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 10ring
Foremost is the "high risk" segment of Farmers Insurance. Farmers agents steer folks into Foremost when the "real" insurance corp doesn't want the account catagory. As such, the cost can be quit burdensome.
Not in my case. I am setup through Foremost as a very low risk client. 360 a year for full coverage on the 04 UC and liability on the 91 Heritage.

Old 08-18-2010, 11:03 PM
jandt
Cruiser

Foremost is the "high risk" segment of Farmers Insurance. Farmers agents steer folks into Foremost when the "real" insurance corp doesn't want the account catagory. As such, the cost can be quit burdensome.
I was told Farmers wont even write a motorcycle policy any more...they only write Foremost now. Had Farmers on both bikes, let it expire on one as I had it tore apart for a couple years. Went to put insurance back on it and they wont write a Farmers policy. The coverage is a little better with Foremost vs Farmers.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:05 AM
CATchaser
Cruiser

Originally Posted by jandt
I was told Farmers wont even write a motorcycle policy any more...they only write Foremost now. Had Farmers on both bikes, let it expire on one as I had it tore apart for a couple years. Went to put insurance back on it and they wont write a Farmers policy. The coverage is a little better with Foremost vs Farmers.
Correct--Farmers doesn't write any specialty vehicle policies any longer, all go through Foremost, which has always specialized in these type of vehicles, long before they became part of Farmers.

Also: Since there are no widely used universal estimating systems for Mcycles like there are for Autos, Foremost adjusters typically have to work from a dealership estimate and pay based on that. Any delay in getting an estimate from the dealer will cause a delay in payment.

Last edited by CATchaser; 08-19-2010 at 12:09 AM. Reason: more info
Old 08-19-2010, 10:23 AM
o/d
Tourer
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

i had a good experience with foremost back in 2001.

still use them currently.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:46 AM
Belfast_tmy
Advanced

I have Foremost and love them. It helps I like my agent a lot, as well. If I had the same issues you have had I would look for another agent, not necessarily a new carrier.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:39 AM
krub6t9
Extreme HDF Member
Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

i did a lot of pricing and getting quotes. Safeco was by far the cheapest rates no one came close. havent had any claims though

Old 08-19-2010, 01:48 PM
HKSkully
Intermediate

I've got Foremost with very good coverages including BI & Passenger Liab/ Property Dmg / Collision / Other than Collision / Towing & Roadside Assist / Lodging / Additional equipment coverages to 3500. included
Collision 250 ded
Other than Collision 100 ded.
06 FLHTCUI + 06 FLHRI / Both bikes combined total 335.00 yr (167.50 ea/yr)
Dropped uninsured motorist coverage in lieu of stacked uninsured coverage on both of our other (toyota & chevrolet) vehicles (In Florida, stacked uninsured coverage on 2 or more other vehicles (cars), carries over automatically to your bikes).

Switched over to 21st Century from Geico on the other vehicles. Increased coverages to over 300k/200k/300k stacked and added other coverages as well for almost 500.00 less per year than Geico at the unstacked rate quote.

The savings from dropping the uninsured motorcycle coverage at 140.00 (each bike per year) and the savings from changing from Geico, is saving me around 780.00 bucks per year.

I'm happy.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:10 PM
edilgdaor
Banned
Received 6,607 Likes on 3,879 Posts

Thanks, guys.

Actually, my agent has been a friend of mine since before he got into the insurance business. He's a good guy and tells me when I'm getting screwed. I haven't talked to him since I got hit, and I'm still a little bit stupid from my head injury.

Today, I went to the dealer to see my bike. It's the first time I've been down there ( my wife is driving me around for awhile ), and I think the guy behind the service desk just put my face, my bike, and my name together for the first time. One of my big concerns had been that some of the potential damage wasn't obvious, and after I told him I was going about 30mph when I got hit, and told him about the curbs I hit and the rocks I rattled over AFTER I got hit, he realized that there might be some other things that might need to be checked. He also mentioned that there are some other insurance companies that are MUCH easier to deal with.

He also thinks that he MAY have heard someone else behind the counter say that the other employee that has mostly dealt with my adjuster has said something about the adjuster said something about my bike/claim that is WAY different than what I figured he'd be saying. I'm not taking back anything I said about my adjuster based upon my direct dealings with him yet, but a little K-Y Jelly is all I'm asking for.

I'm alive. I am blessed. I know that. But I don't want to be stuck with a bike that I wouldn't let my worst enemy ride.

Old 08-20-2010, 01:24 AM
2002flstc
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts

Yep that is exactly what my agent told me.... I do have foremost, just minimum to keep it legal... The wife also has foremost and she gets roadside assistance / towing because she has full coverage.