General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Buy the manual

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 12:33 AM
RK4ME
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 2,318 Likes on 1,445 Posts

Originally Posted by Abbinc83
I just picked up a service manual today. I had a hard time dropping the 60 bucks for it myself but did. If you don't know something its not a stupid question to you, you should ask the way I see it. Thats the reason I joined was to share questions and answers. The people that make the smart a$$ comments I just look over because there are plenty of people willing to lend some advice. I'm sure the know it alls didn't wake up knowing it all so I bet at some point they had a so called stupid question also...... rant over
Yes, I remember that stupid question. It was 1975 and I was just out of the Army (where they use lots of manuals), and I had to do a complete teardown on my '73 TX750 Yamaha engine. When I started to put it back together, I needed the torque specs for the case and head bolts so I went down to the Yamaha shop and asked a couple of the mechanics. The younger one started to answer my question but the older one stopped him and gave me a nasty look. So I said "screw" it and went over to the parts counter and laid down most of that week's beer money for a brand new yellow and black Yamaha Shop Manual for my bike. I swore I'd never go begging for that kind of information again. I've owned about eighteen bikes since then and believe I have bought a Shop Manual for every one of them. But I'm just an old(er) guy from another era so I'm not going to tell anyone to BTFM.

Last edited by RK4ME; 08-19-2010 at 12:37 AM.
Old 08-19-2010, 04:50 AM
midnight2005
Banned
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtracin23
You started this thread in retaliation for this one didn't you???

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...questions.html
Retaliation? No but this is a good example!

As for brotherhood on here? I think there are more RUBS on here than brothers. They have the money to waste and can not be bothered by some poor guy who don't have as much money. In my neck of the woods, the guys are more than willing to help just to get you riding. They will give you parts, loan you a buck or spend all day helping you in the garage. AND not once will they tell you to BTFM. all this so we can ride the next day. Most RUBS on here are too busy polishing chrome or loadin their bike on the trailer to make it to the next trailerfest.

Old 08-19-2010, 05:02 AM
DMas
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for brotherhood on here? I think there are more RUBS on here than brothers. They have the money to waste and can not be bothered by some poor guy who don't have as much money. In my neck of the woods, the guys are more than willing to help just to get you riding. They will give you parts, loan you a buck or spend all day helping you in the garage. AND not once will they tell you to BTFM. all this so we can ride the next day. Most RUBS on here are too busy polishing chrome or loadin their bike on the trailer to make it to the next trailerfest.[/quote]

Then how do you explain this:
https://www.hdforums.com/forum/gener...-nscoyote.html

There are many on here who are a-holes who have to throw in their nasty comments when someone asks a question. On the other hand,there are some questions that are a bit ridiculous.