Notices
General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New breed of bikers????

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 08:44 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramona
Huh....? The MoCo does this continuely.....the whole Softtail line!
Blackout paint from the MoCo.....how unique.
Are you content to just walk into the 'dealership' and buy their idea of retro?

Hats off to the 'new breed'.........end of RUBS ??
You better hope not. RUBS buy new bikes. Young guys with no REAL income don't.

Show me a young guy that looks like that, and I'll show you a guy with no education and no real income.

If bikes don't sell, H/D goes bye bye.

Painful fact. These young guys with the fk'd up ear lobes are NOT keeping the MOCO going.

Being a biker is what is in your HEART. Judging a guy on a bike by how he looks, makes no sense.

Do we want a Harley Motor Company or not???

Young guys chopping up early 90's sporties isn't going to keep the MOCO in business.

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 08-24-2010 at 08:53 PM.
Old 08-24-2010, 09:45 PM
back again
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 6,253 Likes on 2,546 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
Aside from the pretty painted wheels and the blockhead motor looks like what we did to any sport that fell into our drunken drugged out hands around 40 yrs ago . Learned a valuable life lesson about chopping bikes then . 4 long hairs , 2 bottles of Tequila , assorted acid tabs and a 1 gallon can of bondo does not make for a happy owner in the cold morning light ..........
Man were you there with me and I didn't know it TB. LOL
In case y'all haven't noticed it's been this way since the beginning of bikes.Always someone wanting different from everyone else.traveler.pagan48,CRF how true your posts are. G.

Old 08-25-2010, 06:38 AM
tweeter516
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by traveler

Show me a young guy that looks like that, and I'll show you a guy with no education and no real income.

Painful fact. These young guys with the fk'd up ear lobes are NOT keeping the MOCO going.

Being a biker is what is in your HEART. Judging a guy on a bike by how he looks, makes no sense.

Young guys chopping up early 90's sporties isn't going to keep the MOCO in business.

~Joe
Personally I hope RUBS go the way of the dinosaur and if they take the MOCO with them oh well, all the bikes I ride and will ever ride have already been built.

On another note you have to be careful when making generalizations, especially about people you know nothing about. I look like the described people your talking about and I am very well educated as an Architect and make a very "real" income as do many of my friends who also look like me. It would be wise to stop judging books by their covers.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:21 AM
Wicked Cricket
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

~Joe
The young guys eventually get older like everyone else and for the most part aquire more income, they'll have an historical appreciation and be buying new bikes... RUBs have their value, last new HD I bought I just cashed in stocks, bought 50 original had over 400 with splits aong the way, bingo new bike... thx RUBs...

Old 08-25-2010, 07:32 AM
Johnny_Ringo
Cruiser

~Joe
agree with the first statement. strongly disagree with the second.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:48 AM
32vld
Road Master

"Painful fact. These young guys with the fk'd up ear lobes are NOT keeping the MOCO going.
Young guys chopping up early 90's sporties isn't going to keep the MOCO in business."

Need the young no money guys to buy the bottom end used Harley's. It's the circle of life.

They guy with the 95 HD nees these guys to buy his bike so he can afford to buy a 00 HD from the guy who owns the 00 because he needs the money to buy an 05 form the guy who needs to sell his 05 so he can buy a 2011 HD.

Once the bottom feeder's get hooked on HD's they eventually move up the bike chain themselves.

Old 08-25-2010, 11:34 AM
knewt5
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
No joke a certain ethnic group around here runs them ....
Wow...

Last edited by knewt5; 08-25-2010 at 11:36 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 12:20 PM
Dutch1976
Cruiser

A few of the guys in this "new" scene are arrogant jerks, just like a few of the old guys.

Most of the guys in this "new" scene are laid back, cool ****'s, just like most of the old guys.

(one thing I've noticed about the guys on these chopped up Sportsters is that just like skater kids, most of them are 5'9...makes it a lil easier to ride those kinda bikes.)

Old 08-25-2010, 12:28 PM
bparsel
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

~Joe
Wow, how's that cave you're living in treating you?

Old 08-25-2010, 12:35 PM
lfmn16
Tourer

Originally Posted by schumacher
well, being yer first post and all, I would think yer trying to sell me something
Since this was his first AND last post, I think you are right. A clumsy, stupid, obvious attempt at marketing.

Quick Reply: New breed of bikers????