General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New breed of bikers????

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2010, 09:36 AM
DarkHorse88
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm ok with this new flavor. The youth of today are looking for an identity outside of the norm. If it involves a machine with 2 wheels, I am good with it!

Old 08-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Wicked Cricket
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And it's grass roots, not like the middle aged Dentist, Doctor, Laywer, Chopper boi, wild hog crowd we saw durring the 90's & TC era... these are real home grown HD riders, they like getting their hands dirty, old iron and history, and so do their GFs, these are chicks who grew up playing sports, not cheer leaders, they ride and wrench their own, welcome to the family!

Old 08-24-2010, 10:09 AM
"Dutch"
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Disclaimer: I read about 5-6 pages...I got it. Here is my 2 wooded nickles.

I read Cycle Source, The Horse, and AIM. The whole "new" generation of riders (the ones discussed here), are to me a breath of fresh air, in a way. This group looks back to the past (some here may remember as memories) and acknowledges the art, the style, and honors it by replicating it. Yeah, I have a "factory" bike. But I am not trying to imitate them. I am being me. I look at the 70's style of biker and remember those guys that rode past my house when I was 8 or 9. It left a mark. I look at my "factory" bike, think about how I can traslate what I saw growing up into my bike, my look, and be me.

To those with full sleeves, ear things, and skater tennis shoes; go get it. Whatever it is you want in this culture; go get it. I am glad to see a group of people standing "out there" telling everyone "I am doing something different." As they say; There is strengh in numbers.

Old 08-24-2010, 11:36 AM
bparsel
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by "Dutch"
To those with full sleeves, ear things, and skater tennis shoes; go get it. Whatever it is you want in this culture; go get it.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:15 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,054 Likes on 17,933 Posts

Originally Posted by Certainteed
seriously? its 2010 dude.

I'm south of the Gay area , it's a running freak show . Weather & daily entertainment like that is all that keeps me here .

Old 08-24-2010, 02:30 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by chopped out
Hey all, anyone slightly modifying sporty's? I noticed a new trend of bikers running around town. They seem to be half skate boarder and half biker. Most of them are sleeved up at an early age, and are growing huge greasy beards.

Foud a little video of one of these guys here.

I think this stuff is pretty cool, seems as if these kids are trying to bring back the old school stuff.

What do ya think?
I think it's great..... they aren't taking themselves too seriously and what they are doing is a real acknowledgement of the way things used to be. Plus I like a lot of the stuff they are doing with their bikes...... a lot of them are bringing back shovels, pans etc. as well and that's never a bad thing. I like these guys heaps a lot better than the doo-rag and chap wearing, chrome cupholder sporting, bagger riding RUB douchebags we've all had to endure for the last 10 years.....

Old 08-24-2010, 02:48 PM
Pagan48
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by CRF
I like these guys heaps a lot better than the doo-rag and chap wearing, chrome cupholder sporting, bagger riding RUB douchebags we've all had to endure for the last 10 years.....
Seriously Dude, You're among friends - you can tell us how you really feel.

Old 08-24-2010, 02:52 PM
CRF
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pagan48
Seriously Dude, You're among friends - you can tell us how you really feel.
LOL - OK; it's more like 15 years but who's counting?

Old 08-24-2010, 03:03 PM
KBFXDLI
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 32 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by chopped out
I think this stuff is pretty cool, seems as if these kids are trying to bring back the old school stuff.

What do ya think?
I am good with whatever people want to do with bikes. Makes it interesting. But remind all these guys they will ALL be riding Ultras when their backs & knees give out......

Old 08-24-2010, 04:37 PM
harleyriv
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There's shed loads of hypocrisy on this forum.................most of it dished out by the old school.

Quick Reply: New breed of bikers????