General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New breed of bikers????

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Wicked Cricket
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pagan48
Go for it Wicked. I'm 56 pushing 57 and sold my FLSTC and went out and bought a 48. Put a spring seat on it, apes and some other stuff and I'm loving it. It's the most fún I've had on a bike for some time.

Attachment 134698
Nice ride man, old school look with a new bike ride!

Old 08-23-2010, 07:00 PM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,022 Likes on 17,919 Posts

Originally Posted by RKDavid
Nope, I ain't seen anything like that up here in Minnesota.

Thats because there's potholes up there that eat bikes that size I've seen them

A lot of us old long time riders have watched what we called a life choice back when you through a leg over that first harley there were no models it was a HARLEY , some crew cut in a clean shiny coat started rattling off all those big letters like that I would ask if he wanted to pass the joint of smack him for being gay . If you rode you belonged to small but growing sub culture that consisted mostly of guys who just wouldn't or couldn't do mainstream " Leave it To Beaver " lives . If you owned , rode , worked on your bike you evolved into the " Biker " sooner or later or got married and she made you made sell it . That was fine it culled the herd so to speak . To do the walk then you had to be a man period more than few in here know exactly what I'm saying , a bunch more want to think they do and there's always the clueless .
A great marketing plan , good public relations and a fast changing world has brought the iconic dream of the American Harley Davidson to the mainstream and the world . I was in a Harley Dealer in Moscow Russia a few years ago , when I started riding there was a better chance of your sister setting up shop in a mexican ***** house .
We had to be hard sometimes , Jack Nicolson in EasyRiders said it , We frightened joe public because we do what we want , it was real freedom not this thin *** illusion we have today , writers had no clue how true that was .

Every young generation has to be different , why we're still here 4 million yrs later . They have been getting more outrageous because really whats new anymore . The latest gen has big f*cking attitude & anger issues , not my fault daddy didn't spank you whine or bitch to somebody else, I could care .

I quit doing to all the runs and the local weekend watering hole , was getting hard to watch sometimes . Nothing like watching a group of well over 40 guys reeking of new shiny leather standing there with that lost blank look because they can't tell which of the identical 40+ bikes is theirs . Maybe elsewhere I hope it's better I'm loosing faith . Nobody does their own walk , seems it's mandatory to belong to something when they spend $30,000 on a bike now . Just love walking into the bar and getting the hairy eyeball from the new geritol crowd wearing the lastest mickey mouse club patch of the week . Stop it looks really stupid at our age , and we wonder why the young go far outa the way to be different .

Buy a bike and enjoy it by all means I'm with you but the original lifestyle is something that was earned over time , it is not included in the price tag .

Business Op old schoolers , what say we start a series of school's to teach the basics like the motorcycle training places every where ? Bet there would be takers ......

Old 08-23-2010, 07:54 PM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HarleyCanada
33 and love this style!!!!! I say ride what you want, and use your scooter to express who you are, and if it isn't your thing, don't worry about. Respect those who choose any kind of two-wheeled freedom!!!! Young or old, new or old, rattled canned or shiny crisp paint jobs, we are ALL bikers!
A young'en that gets it........way to go!

It's all cyclical, HD's were not the rough rider crew way back in the day they were the suit and tie type. How many pic's do we see of pre WWII riders decked out in new clothes, sporting those billed caps riding all white HD's. Mr. Harley and Mr.Davidson weren't exactly looking and dressing like ***** G either.

I think it is great.......whatever you ride!

Old 08-23-2010, 09:56 PM
stef
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fdh161
Bought my first bike out of the Montgomery Wards catalog (I think Monkey Wards still offered them the year you got your first, Twizt). If you can remember Riverside motorcycles from that long ago, you probably qualify. . . .

ANYONE who embraces riding motorcycles is okay by me, be they starting out at 16 or at 45. I might not like the way they dress or what they choose to ride, but at least they are on two wheels. Remember, you can't get 40 years of riding experience until you swing your leg over a scoot for the first time.

Originally Posted by knewt5
I couldn't agree more.

It's laughable the amount of judgement that goes on here. So some 45 year old guy decides he wants to ride a motorcycle for the first time, He buys a new bike. He's a poser. He buys a new leather jacket (cuz he didn't have an old one) he's a poser, but If he bought an old leather jacket...he'd be a poser. He joins HOG to meet some other people with similar interests...poser. Whatever you do , don't buy a shirt at the HD dealership unless you've been riding 20 years and pieced your bike together from parts you found while scouring the motorcycle graveyards of your misspent youth. Just remember you didn't fall out of the womb in worn out jeans, leather chaps and a tattered harley t'shirt knowing how to ride. Maybe the only difference betwen you and the people you call posers is your "uinform's" a little older.

As for this "new school" of bikers, more power to 'em. It doesn't look all that new to me. Looks alot like self expression...the reason the original "posers" (that use of posers was a joke) got into riding. You don't like it...that's cool, but respect the fact that they're doing their thing just like you and there's someone out there that doesn't like what you're doing.

I may disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.

I say "pose on"!!!! Fake it till you make it!
I have to agree with these two. -stef

Old 08-23-2010, 10:07 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Nash motorcycles.

~Joe

Old 08-24-2010, 01:20 AM
TwiZted Biker
Club Member
Received 49,022 Likes on 17,919 Posts

Originally Posted by Tony P
Will fuzzy dice replace the gremlin bell?

No joke a certain ethnic group around here runs them ....

Old 08-24-2010, 05:21 AM
Pagan48
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker

Old 08-24-2010, 06:58 AM
dog155
Extreme HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 25 Posts

We have always had those kinds of rides around here,one was parked in my shop for years.It is the way we used to build a hopper back in the day,a timeless style.It was all about getting to the watering holes as fast as you possibly could.Make lean and mean,stock frames and tires.Very few cut their fenders up.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:00 AM
Certainteed
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TwiZted Biker
seriously? its 2010 dude.

Old 08-24-2010, 07:42 AM
Apex Rider
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Not my kind of ride but to each his own.

Their money & scoot.If they enjoy them,I'm fine with it.

Quick Reply: New breed of bikers????