General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

The current "Sedona Orange" craze

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 09:03 PM
BMF
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
You'd be amazed how many think they have to trade to get the color....and that the only custom parts you can put on the bike MUST come from the dealer....

It really dosen't matter one way or the other....it's your money not mine......but you can definitely have that color and save a buck or two.

I guess I jsut have a soft spot for bikes that are customized by the owner, not Willie G.

I have already read one post on here from a guy who was going to buy a new Road Glide in Orange, but passed on it because it was a 96 instead of a 103. I wonder when he'll figure out it's just a basic pistons and cylinder swap???

~Joe
There is more to the 103 option than just CI you also get ABS and security. So the 103 only costs $800.00 extra so why not. I had a 09 RKC that got totaled by a dumbass kid in a PU truck with 8000 miles on it. Color is always in the eye of the beholder black is classic and always will be. Personally I really like the Sedona Orange. Probably the best color this year. I want ABS on mine so why not get the 103. Hell I'm worth it!

Old 08-17-2010, 09:30 PM
ButtMan1000
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What I don't get at all is the White Hot Denim color I saw on the Muscle V-Rods at the Demo area in Sturgis last week,

Geez, what were they thinking???

Attached Thumbnails The current "Sedona Orange" craze-pnw_vrvrscf_dom_c09_w24_en_us_w1024.jpg  
Old 08-17-2010, 09:37 PM
2kids3pets
Elite HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Why would someone want a Orange bike

Old 08-17-2010, 09:46 PM
Poisond 08 Fatbob
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've always wanted an "sunset orange metallic camaro" (mines silver)
I love the color and wanted to add different shades of orange flames to it.
I'm loving the sedona orange. I wanted an electric blue bike. Went to the dealer to look at fatboys. They didn't have any. I seen a vivid black fatbob. Never knew what it was till that day. Took it home on june 24, 2008 with no regrets. Thought of adding electric blue flames.
To each his own. Love the sedona.
Tim

Old 08-17-2010, 09:52 PM
CaptJIM
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by snakeinthegrass
Personally, I like the Sedona Orange Color. With some thought out black striping it would look even better.
Yep, I saw a Sedona Orange Road Glide Custom in Lincoln, NE and thought it looked pretty good. With the black striping you mention plus some blacked out parts like pipes and bars it would look killer.

With all the real estate on the RGC I thought it was too much of that color and I think I would get tired of it pretty quickly. The black is definitely needed to cut the orange.

Old 08-17-2010, 09:56 PM
Hollywood Ball
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by CaptJIM
Yep, I saw a Sedona Orange Road Glide Custom in Lincoln, NE and thought it looked pretty good. With the black striping you mention plus some blacked out parts like pipes and bars it would look killer.

With all the real estate on the RGC I thought it was too much of that color and I think I would get tired of it pretty quickly. The black is definitely needed to cut the orange.
Pretty sure my local dealership has the Sedona Orange Wide Glide with black flames. It looks awesome. It is nowhere near as orange as the internet photos make it out to be, and like you guys have said, contrasted with the black on the Wide Glide, it looks great.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:26 PM
roadkingsaddlebrooke
Cruiser
Default Sedona orange craze

I just love my new Sedona orange Fat Bob. The color looks good in the sun and also on cloudy days. I wanted a Fat Bob, and thought a lot about the colors available. The denim bikes look great, but I wanted something that I can polish up to a nice shine. Didn't care for the cool blue, and vivid black is OK, but probably doesn't shine up much.

Attached Thumbnails The current "Sedona Orange" craze-2011-fxdf-001.jpg   The current "Sedona Orange" craze-mike-on-bike-001.jpg  
Old 08-17-2010, 10:33 PM
oct1949
Club Member
Received 819 Likes on 805 Posts

NO orange craze around here.... must be elsewhere...

Old 08-17-2010, 11:40 PM
Good Time Gang
Tourer

Originally Posted by DaddyKnuck
I don't get the Sedona Orange craze either. However, the Apple Green and Vivid Black craze is one I can get behind.
+1 been lookin all over to see one in person, but cannot find one in my neck of the woods. if anyone has pick that is not the official HD pic, please post. may have to have my heritage panted.

Old 08-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Good Time Gang
Tourer

Originally Posted by RoadKingRon1
How does one become a RUB?

I really wanna be one. Any help greatly appreciated 'cause now I'm just posing as a RUB.
please let me know if you find out. as of now i am just PWT (Poor White Trash), and would love to move up to Rich and could even deal with Urban.

Quick Reply: The current "Sedona Orange" craze