General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOA in Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2010, 07:46 AM
RFG7680
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,280 Likes on 733 Posts

Originally Posted by VsTheWorld
patched and riding solo?
You find that odd? I rode alone a lot. 9 years in and never felt the need to worry. When in my area.

Old 08-18-2010, 09:25 AM
justjohn
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SOLOLUCKY
Wear what ya want..I wouldn't, but I sure would NOT remove a shirt such as that, that is known to be a non-entity MC, if I was asked. I would have to laugh back at the "asker" no matter how large and fuzzy he (or she) was.
I do a lot on principal, and if it included wearing a SOA t-shirt I would...and if cletus of the Fudge-Packers MC is offended then that is his right but I will be damned if it's coming off my back...I would have to wrestle his 'cut' off him in return...maybe call him a poser !! lol

Besides I am a guy...the world is my urinal !!
You the MAN, go for it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-18-2010, 10:14 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should be able to get by with that one. It's not considered a patch on a "T".

Old 08-18-2010, 02:25 PM
not2kool
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SOLOLUCKY
I agree...this MC paranoia here is almost tangible...I see them about once every 2-4 years around here...and then only 2-3 at a time..I am sure the group I ride with could disassemble the local contingent of Iron Horsemen, Outlaws, (and there used to be another bunch in the Cincinati area) but I bet the whole club count is less than double digits...

What is 2-3 "bad-*** MC guys" gonna do but enevitably be beaten senseless (if needed) if pressed against 15-20 regular Joe Rider's. They aren't "that bad" that they are invincible..period...I ain';t skeered of'em,. used to talk to 3 that used to stop by my local bar, seemed ok to me...but maybe not smart enough to leave 20 guys alone but thats there problem. Pride is one of the 7 deadly's and if left unchecked can be just that.
I haev a gun, they have a gun..not a problem...I bet I can outshoot them anyway !!

I say they are a non-issue when it comes to TV shows and posers...but wait....them guys are so bad-*** they don't watch TV anyway so they are gonna think the SOA are real...thats why they will kick yer *** for wearibng the SOA shirt
First let me say I admire your bravado. Your area may be a little different than in Texas. Texas is "Bandit" country plus a number of support groups. They usually hang out in specific bars, etc and there is usually more than 2 or 3. A friend was wearing a "SOA" t-shirt and the Sgt. at Arms of a support group politely informed him it would be in his best interest not to wear it. It wasn't a in your face threat and it was when they were alone so he didn't embarass him in front of other bikers. No problem.

When you're talking about kicking *** and guns I hope you're just kidding. No t-shirt or wearing apparel is that important. You could possibly win a battle but lose the war. Just sayin.

Old 08-18-2010, 02:52 PM
Nevar
Stellar HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And another area. A few days ago on Long Island I saw a guy on a bike with the same Tee shirt , but with New York as a bottom rocker. Actually a nice design. But I would Not wear one. Don't feel I have the need too.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:02 PM
AllenW
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 88 Posts

While I carry also, (legally) I can't hardly imagine shooting somebody over a f'ing T shirt, I also can't imagine any numb nuts getting upset over a SOA Shirt, works both ways here.

Had I walked into a bar with a copy of a HA (whatever) jacket on, I'd hope someone would kick my a$$ for being so stupid.

I stay out of their way, they do the same and we all live happily ever after.

Al

Old 08-18-2010, 03:11 PM
gooch931
4th Gear

They were asked to stop making the shirts. Some of the 1 % clubs were offended. Can't say I blame them. But pulling a pistol for a tv show...really? Seems kinda on the wrong side. I have friends in real MC's. They put a lot into getting the patch. Seems fair if you wear the 3 piece patch, you are true to the color. just my opinion.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:35 PM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

i have to say i'm amazed that as Americans we allow "clubs" to determine what is acceptable to wear.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:51 PM
cotnballs
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It’s a shirt for a TV show and is no different then wearing a Simpson shirt so WTF is this stupid tuff guy crap? Its like seeing a guy in skinny jeans, you laugh and go on your way but you don’t post it here and say that guy is going to get his a$$ kicked by some neo-*****. It’s like the MCs are some boogiemen or bigger then life old west bad guys to you all.

Get over it.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:53 PM
VsTheWorld
Road Master

Originally Posted by cotnballs
It’s a shirt for a TV show and is no different then wearing a Simpson shirt so WTF is this stupid tuff guy crap? Its like seeing a guy in skinny jeans, you laugh and go on your way but you don’t post it here and say that guy is going to get his a$$ kicked by some neo-*****. It’s like the MCs are some boogiemen to you guys.

Get over it.
re-read the thread and see if you can find the posts about m/c's that did take offense to the t-shirts

Quick Reply: SOA in Texas?