General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOA in Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Eyeball Kid
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 358 Likes on 253 Posts

Originally Posted by brenn
Being honest here and not just trying to insult - after seeing this "OMG an M/C!!!" panic on here for a couple of years now, I've pretty much concluded that the RUB's are the people who panic over crap like this.

My best guess is that if a member of a real club sees you wearing an SOA T-shirt with or without a bottom rocker, he may think you're retarded, but he isn't going to think a fictional TV club is claiming his territory. Get a grip.
In case any of you missed this post...

Perhaps the best post on this *subject* the forum has ever seen.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:53 PM
VsTheWorld
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eyeball Kid
In case any of you missed this post...

Perhaps the best post on this *subject* the forum has ever seen.
that would mean you think all HDF are RUB's

Old 08-17-2010, 03:54 PM
Fireman_Rich
Cruiser

Saw a guy walking around Sturgis with a SOA "Sturgis" bottom rocker. Saw some SOS, and some HA's in the same area; no one bothered him. I would give the 1% clubs some respect in that they realize it's from a TV show. If someone wants to wear a T shirt with SOA "colors" they (1% clubs) probably just laugh and think the individual is a poser.

In fact HA's had a store front set up selling their merchandise and were directing people into it. Everybody was very cool, I did not see any problems while in Sturgis.

Old 08-17-2010, 03:57 PM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

To each his own. There always gonna be someone selling something that others might think is stupid, but there's also always somebody who's gonna buy it.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:02 PM
chuckw2
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 384 Likes on 230 Posts

given how trademark concious the moco is it's a little surprising that a dealer would be selling these shirts. None of the SoA merchandise with territory rockers is marketed by Fox. It's all knock-offs. I bought a very cool ashtray off ebay during the first season before I knew about this.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:11 PM
joromu
Tourer

If you want one, buy it. If you don't want one, don't buy it. If you think the dealer is ripping you off, don't go there. WTF is the problem.

Old 08-17-2010, 04:32 PM
brutalbrad
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Pagan48
Strange enough some buy the T-shirts - what about the guy I saw in Vegas with an SOA tattoo on the back of his shoulder?
Well I got the Pythons tattoo back in the early 90s then covered it with. Wild Hogs tatt followed by "Victors"

Old 08-17-2010, 04:46 PM
smokinfromshootin
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TO34
Best of luck to the RUB who buys it.
+1...i wonder if he can buy his way out of an *** beating.

Old 08-17-2010, 05:16 PM
babalu
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

if you go to a dodgers game do you not wear blue for fear that a blood may mistake your pearly white *** for a crip? do you worry about the italian mafia when ordering gabagool from an italian butcher? this constant fawning over and worrying about 1%'er clubs is bordering on gay here.

i've ridden many miles through many states and have never seen anyone from a 1%'er club ever aside frm four guys from wheels of soul, four guys from "chosen few mc", and one guy from the ching-a-lings who bought my old bike (at least he said he was from the ching-a-lings). i would wager anyone wearing that shirt would be fine.

some of these 1%'er clubs have 20 members in a state they claim and less than 500 members nationwide. it isn't like there's tens of thouands of them prowling the suburbs hunting RUB's with SOA gear on. get a grip fellas...

Old 08-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Enforcer419
Cruiser

Gateway HD is St. Louis had the SoA shirts. I think Doc's HD did also. Mad River HD in Sandusky, Oh. has them also.

Quick Reply: SOA in Texas?