General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SOA in Texas?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2010, 11:58 AM
VsTheWorld
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TO34
I have to say I'm VERY SHOCKED to see a bottom rocker claiming territory IE: TEXAS.

Best of luck to the RUB who buys it.

why's that? Just a shirt right?

Old 08-17-2010, 12:01 PM
red69camaro
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Must be made in china if it's on a dealer rack.

Old 08-17-2010, 12:18 PM
cchips
Ultimate HDF Member

Originally Posted by ROMPUS
maybe someone slipped it in their and hung it on the rack for attention,however that would be hard to get away with,all the security in those places.
Pretty good, because they slipped in a full rack of them! lol

Old 08-17-2010, 12:30 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would never own or keep something to wear in public supporting what In my opinion is a lame tv show. I have actually seen someone wearing a SOA t-shirt. I was also told about someone being told to get rid of the shirt over it's claim of Florida and black and white colors while in Florida. I didn't witness this myself so it is hearsay. Can't imagine any club taking the t-shirt serious but I can see the colors being a problem with a territorial claim. Most of us here wear clothing with someones logo or label on it. I have a closet full of shirts , jackets, coats, and caps that have someone's logo. Everything in that closet though represents something I attend, belong to, use, or own. I can't even begin to count the number of times I have had a HD t-shirt on and had someone wearing a HD t-shirt come up to me and tell me that they want to get a HD one day but------. Then they ask me if I own or have a Harley. To my own opinion there should be some truth to advertising if you are cool. Seen it, done it, been there, own it, all I got was this shirt it. With that said---wear what you want, especially if you are a poser.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:01 PM
truckerdave
senior experienced all-knowing leader of the unwise
Received 347 Likes on 177 Posts

I'm not going to explain why clubs treat that seriously but they do. I know it's a really dumb TV show and so does everyone else but they are essentially fake club colors and the wearer will be "asked nicely" to remove them.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:18 PM
Sharknose
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It's a fad and it will pass. I wouldn't worry about getting roughed up over it. Pitied, yes. Scorned, yes. Laughed at, absolutely. I was at a swapmeet a couple of years ago where a vendor was trying to sell them. Everybody over the age of 12 just stared and shook their head. Even the Maytag repairman was glad he wasn't that guy.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:30 PM
SOLOLUCKY
Cruiser

Wear what ya want..I wouldn't, but I sure would NOT remove a shirt such as that, that is known to be a non-entity MC, if I was asked. I would have to laugh back at the "asker" no matter how large and fuzzy he (or she) was.
I do a lot on principal, and if it included wearing a SOA t-shirt I would...and if cletus of the Fudge-Packers MC is offended then that is his right but I will be damned if it's coming off my back...I would have to wrestle his 'cut' off him in return...maybe call him a poser !! lol

Besides I am a guy...the world is my urinal !!

Old 08-17-2010, 01:36 PM
oldairboater
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I wouldn't touch the ----never mind. Make sure someone has a cell phone and is willing to take video. I want to see it.
Originally Posted by SOLOLUCKY
Wear what ya want..I wouldn't, but I sure would NOT remove a shirt such as that, that is known to be a non-entity MC, if I was asked. I would have to laugh back at the "asker" no matter how large and fuzzy he (or she) was.
I do a lot on principal, and if it included wearing a SOA t-shirt I would...and if cletus of the Fudge-Packers MC is offended then that is his right but I will be damned if it's coming off my back...I would have to wrestle his 'cut' off him in return...maybe call him a poser !! lol

Besides I am a guy...the world is my urinal !!

Old 08-17-2010, 01:38 PM
tx-skydiver
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There's an entire rack dedicated to it in Dallas HD dealership. It is the only rack that people don't seem to go near.

Old 08-17-2010, 01:40 PM
FLYING
Club Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why not as the Dealers make more on accesories than on the bike sales!

Quick Reply: SOA in Texas?