General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did you ever wish you were a COP?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 09:03 PM
monkyman
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Did you ever wish you were a COP?

I know that some of you are police officers, but do the rest of you ever wish you had a badge?
There are times I wish I could pull over some of these morons out there and beat them with a night stick!

Riding today, car in front of me, car behind. Going straight through an intersection when these kids in a bmw roadster came up beside me in the right turn only lane and decided to go straight. Forcing me into oncoming traffic and laughing about it the whole time. Thank god the car behind me saw this and let me in. Next light I pulled up next to them and said "Play with your own life a$$hole, not with mine!" They thought that was funny too. Probibly stoned.[:@]
Ruined the nice ride I was having.

Old 09-04-2006, 09:09 PM
Baldman
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Did you ever wish you were a COP?

Sounds like a bad deal & glad you are ok, but to answer the question given...NO.

Take care,
Baldman

Old 09-04-2006, 09:26 PM
stubby
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Often wish I could write tickets. My neighbor hood is 25 mph posted, school area. Idiots who think posting is 40 mph or above with kids playing. Idiots who go through stop signs, especially with cell phones to their small brained ears. I worked with seniors, elderly for years, get them off the road when driving becomes irratic or re test. Punks who have no controll of their autos, except for gas pedal.

Old 09-04-2006, 09:32 PM
dawg
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 3,239 Likes on 1,850 Posts

Sometimes I wish I could find something else to do with the same money and job security I have now. Want my badge? Been doing it for 16 years now.

Old 09-04-2006, 09:49 PM
whaap
Extreme HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I did it for 7 years in the suburbs of Detroit. No thanks. I had enough of that.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:34 PM
orangecrush
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sometimes for a day.... just to write that "one" ticket to that one idiot that is just being completely stupid.

Mark

Old 09-04-2006, 10:39 PM
hdjoe88
Road Captain

What's worse is being retired L/E and no longer having the ability to pull over the a$$holes. Talk about frustrating![:@]

Old 09-04-2006, 10:41 PM
Honus
Advanced

Like dawg, I somtimes wish I wasn't a cop. Our hands are tied, but then again we know what the rules are.

Old 09-04-2006, 10:42 PM
Big Cholla
Road Warrior

As an older officer, I found that it is just too much of my time and effort to stop and write someone when I am off duty. There are too many idiots out there doing what you saw everyday, every hour, everywhere to concern yourself with any of them. You learn to just ignore that sort of behavior and maneuver yourself to not be endangered by them. I look the other way even when I am on my way to/from work. If some one's life is endangered, I might step in and start a "police stop", but if not, I'm out of there. Even if I am on duty, I am assuming a lot of 'risk and liability' in making any sort of stop. Why should I assume that same risk and liability if I am not on duty?

Most states have some sort of "citizens arrest" law. Find out how your state law reads and try it out sometime. You will regret ever even considering the possibility. ................ BC

Old 09-04-2006, 10:46 PM
boom215
Road Captain

i dont wish i was a cop, but i do wish i had the ability to write traffic violations on occasion.

Quick Reply: Did you ever wish you were a COP?