General Harley Davidson Chat Forum to discuss general Harley Davidson issues, topics, and experiences.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did you ever wish you were a COP?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 12:29 PM
Keith_H
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Did you ever wish you were a COP?

Don't want the badge unless i get to have it and be off duty all the time, way to dangerous. Had enough of the danger thing for 20 yrs. I do want the red light and ticket book. The first folks i would ticket are all the knot heads that camp out everyday in the fast lane on the highway backing up traffic for miles and never move over. 90% of my driving is on I-70. The craziest thing i ever saw was one day i was going home and a few miles back i saw a statie with light going trying to go where ever he was going. It took 5 miles for him to pass me, folks just wouldn't move over for him. They weren't doing it on purpose, they were just plain stupid. We're not talking about city highway, we're talking about out in the middle of no where interstate. These are the folks that get on the highway, move to the far left and stay there till they're 100 yds from their exit. Of course they insist on going the speed limit (70) or less, they ignore the slower traffic keep right signs and act indignant when passed on the right. They are a real hazzard as folks try and get around them, trucks tailgate them.

Old 09-05-2006, 12:39 PM
mikec
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

How about arm everyone with a dart gun with darts
that have an A$$ HOLE flag on it. Then when a cop
sees a car with several of these darts on it. Pull them
over.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:18 PM
atomic
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not really. If I were a cop and the kids in the BMW did that to me all I could do is give them a ticket. Big deal I am sure the ticket wouldn't cause them much aggrevation.

But sometimes I feel like following people like that home and giving them a beating.

Old 09-05-2006, 02:40 PM
mpsmith
1st Gear

Gallagher (of sledge-o-matic fame) talked about the dart gun approach. Everyone is armed with a dart gun. When someone cuts you off, or does something basically stupid you tag him. When the police see someone with 3 or more darts they give them a ticket for being an a-hole.

Would I want to be a LEO? Yes and no. Yes, I would like to serve my community and help make it a better place. No, I want to like my community and its hard to do that when all you see is the darker side of it. I've yet to meet a 10+ LEO veteran that wasn't jaded to one degree or another. It's a tough job, and I'm just not tough enough to do it. Thank God there are some out there who are.

Old 09-05-2006, 03:41 PM
Mikester48
Advanced

I'd sure like the chance to make some of the idiots on the road stop driving like they do. But I don't want to deal with the public like a LEO has to these days. They have my respect for what they do, its a job most people could not do. I can't believe some people still have drivers licenses or insurance after I see how they drive. I give LEO's my full support whenever I can, they really have tough jobs, and for the vast majority they are good people.

Old 09-05-2006, 03:44 PM
Paintrain
Banned

ORIGINAL: monkyman

I know that some of you are police officers, but do the rest of you ever wish you had a badge?
There are times I wish I could pull over some of these morons out there and beat them with a night stick!

Riding today, car in front of me, car behind. Going straight through an intersection when these kids in a bmw roadster came up beside me in the right turn only lane and decided to go straight. Forcing me into oncoming traffic and laughing about it the whole time. Thank god the car behind me saw this and let me in. Next light I pulled up next to them and said "Play with your own life a$$hole, not with mine!" They thought that was funny too. Probibly stoned.[:@]
Ruined the nice ride I was having.

I always wanted to be a retired cop.

Old 09-05-2006, 04:01 PM
dmlong
Tourer

Sometimes. I would target the lazy ***holes that cant figure out that the ashtray in the car has a purpose besides holding spare change.

Old 09-05-2006, 04:16 PM
solorider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No, too many derelicts to deal with. I am the sort of person that would let a lot of stuff slide and would take some other stuff way too seriously. Would prolly get fired.

Old 09-05-2006, 04:49 PM
TattoodCaptain
Road Warrior
Received 951 Likes on 399 Posts

Be a cop? HELL NO! I've spent most of my life avoiding them bastards!! LMAO. If you catch up with the guy that cut you off, lump him up a bit and he might think twice about doing it again.

Old 09-05-2006, 05:36 PM
anniv03classic
Tourer

Nope, don't wanna be a LEO............but I would like to see everyone who gets his/her motorcycle endorsement also get Deputized. You'd get a ticket book when you got your license.

Get to write up all the tickets you can.

I rarely see any speeders in our residential areas ever get stopped for speeding. They all know they never will get caught and continue to do it.

Quick Reply: Did you ever wish you were a COP?